Colour issues 3501i

chelle

.........."We are told that the chemicals are fine."..........

How do you know for sure, have you done a process control strip and what does it look like?

Simple quick test is to check the d-max by pulling out about 10cm of paper from the magazine and expose it to daylight for a few seconds, then rewind  back into the magazine. Make a print, when this is processed it should look perfectly black. If it looks a bit washed out then you indeed have a chemistry issue.

Is this an SM machine or RA.

Let us know of your results.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We do a control strip every week and send it off to be checked. The last results were no changes needed. We have done as you suggested and the test print is black and not washed out in any way. The machine is an RA machine.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Many thanks

Chelle

1. If we exclude the chemistry - we have an exposure issue or exposure control issue.

How long ago did you make colour adjustments of you i-beam engine?

If you do not know how to do this - read manual or contact the seller and try to  call out the tech to solve the problem.

No, we are not using any additional software. We have never had any problems with the machine until this past few weeks when we noticed the colours are dull. They look OK but far from vibrant like they should do. We don't have a service contract due to the cost involved but we are not very technical either! We do the daily set up etc. and the machine is cleaned regularly, but as we have never had any problems we have never needed to adjust anything. I am sure it must be something quite simple, it's just knowing what to adjust, or what to do to correct it is the problem!

Thanks for your help, we will keep trying. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Chelle

When we were trained on the machine we were taught to clean the iBeam head as part of the daily close down routine, however the instructions on the PDF you attached said:

"iBeam Tuning must be always performed after the iBeam head is cleaned in order to adjust light intesity".

I must admit this is something we were never taught in our training and something we have never done before so I don't know if this is our problem. I need to read up on how to do this and give this a try tomorrow.

Many thanks

Chelle

We have sussed it out folks! We went to Focus on Imaging today at the NEC in Birmingham and went onto the Noritsu stand and spoke to the guy that installed our machine who was very helpful. He showed us on his screen where we have to go to change the colour settings and sharpness for both digital and film printing. There is a setting called "Chroma" and the default setting is 100 but you can choose anything between 50-200. You can also change the sharpness from anything between 0-10. We have now put the chroma setting to 130 and the sharpness to 1 and the results are perfect! It's so easy when you know how!

Thank you for all your help and replies, we really do appreciate your imput.

Many thanks

Chelle