Noritsu 3202 Pump Replenishment Error

babyfaces

First of all - thank you all for all of your help these last several weeks.... I actually got this printer up and running - and it is a lot different than my 3011 RA... This is SM - new for me... Anyway - I am getting a pump replenishment error CDa and BFa....I have all of the flow filters in the correct position... Not sure what I am doing wrong - Unfortunately I do not have any type of troubleshooting guide - hence that is why I come to all of you...Is there a pump switch, fuse, ?? not familiar with SM at all - Any help or guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated... Thank you so much again for all of your assistance!!!

Thank you so much for the.. I will see what I can figure out... I was kind of thinking that they were clogged because they sat so long with chemicals in it... The machine was abandoned in a mall when a company went out of business...I will update once I see what I can find out... Thanks again for the help....

If the machine sat around for a long time with chemistry in it, then the hoses are probably all messed up.

If you're good at plumbing, either replace all the hoses, or remove and thoroughly clean them all.

Remove and clean all filters, and remove and disassemble all replenishment pumps and clean those as well.

Check and clean or replace all poppet valves in all the replenishment pumps as well.

Fix gets very hard and crusty if it's been sitting awhile and it's very hard to clean / remove.

Also do a pump output measurements on all pumps CD-A/CD-B/CD-C/BL/FIX/STB & WATER and input those into pump output amounts.

We used to have a 2301SM with the Fuji SM2RA conversion kit, and boy was that a nightmare.  Super glad to have sold that off.  I learned more about re-plumbing a Noritsu machine than I ever wanted to know.

There's an Australian company that has a SM to RA conversion kit that's supposed to be worlds better.... you might want to think about that. - Do a search here for it, I think there was a post about it in the past year or two.

The iphoto (Indepedent Photo Suplies, located in Sydney-Australia ) SM  to "RA" modification is a  conversion to CPAC chemistry.    Well designed, simple economical and reliable. No more sensor adjustments, no messy SM leaks or half empty packages to deal with.........

wow Awesome Help... Thank you.... I have basically "cleaned" every hose  - but I never thought about taking the pump out... I will try that next... Thank you... Also - I will do a new post - but Does anyone have software for Paper types? I want to get this printer set up for Fuji Crystal Archive but it is not one of the options when I go the the paper magazine settings area... Thanks again for all of your help!!!

I had this same problem with the CD-B pump. The chemical had crystalized into small fiberous looking solids that were all through the system completely clogging the pump and hoses. You must clean the whole systme at the same time. Now I can see the chemical pumping through the clear hoses. Very nice. Good luck it is a messy job.

THanks again - I haven't taken the pump out yet - but that has to be the last stop... The Rinse replenishment  is doing something weird - I can see it go back and forth as the pump operates - instead of going to the tank,.,Any idea what this could be? There are no clogs in any of the lines - from the replenishment box (sm) all the way to the tank....Thanks again

Babyfaces,  that's because the poppet valves in the replenishment pumps are BAD.  Replace them.

They work as one-way valves for the chemical.... From the P1 or P2 to the rep.pump, up the side of the machine and into the working tank.

They're cheap, and supposedly should be checked / replaced every year (or two... can't remember exactly).

I only replace if the pump output measurements aren't where they're supposed to be.... if it's not putting out the same amount, you adjust the value in pump output amount settings, and the little pump has to work for a longer period of time to get the right amount of chemistry into your tank.   Quit stressing out your pumps, and replace them.

Poppet valves are (relatively) cheap.  Pumps aren't.

Does someone have an animated gif of how they work ??