Noritsu V100 Water Refill Error

cecilh

Thanks, removed the two filters in the colour dev.  Under the filters I see a vertical rod with two rollers attached.  The bottom ones are solid on the shaft and the top ones are free floating.  When I push one down the machine clicks to recognise a change in level.  Both the top rollers are nice and loose on the shaft.

Check that the float, they have a nasty habit of sinking when they have a lot of calcium and tar deposits, put it in a cup of water and ensure it is all the way at the top of the rod. Basically the refill side will pump till full plus an extra amount to make up for evaporation, if its not got to the top by x time it will alarm to stop it pumping in too much water

A V100 must turn your dev to Guinness In a about a week unless you are one of the few still doing a lot of film. If not check your rep pump is working, could be why your level is low and needing a lot of water

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Magenta

Been working on the machine since your last message.  What happens is CD letters flash with STAB1 and then it STAB1 only letters are shown and it says to fill water.  Now the water is full and the light is on to indicate.  All the floaters have been thoroughly cleaned with no gunk so nice and free.  Any thoughts would be welcome.

You have 2 issues going on here!

The CD refilling error is due to the CD float switch not recognising that the tank is full, as others have said check the float switch moves freely, and is clean etc.

You can check the operation of the float switch in input check mode, CD refilling level, it should show on when the tank is full. (float switch is fully in the upper position).

The second issue (refill the water tank, even though it's full and the 'tank is full' light is on)

There are 2 float switches inside the water tank, the bottom one registers if the tank is empty or not, the top one tells you when the tank is full.

So what appears to be happening is the top float switch is working correctly, but the bottom float switch is either stuck in the down position, or the wiring/ float switch itself has problems.

Check all the connector plugs are making good contact; you can spray them with WD40 if you think they look a bit manky. Again you can test the operation of the float switches in the input check mode.

Thanks Dave S, excellent instructions there.  I had a fiddle around with the top float in the water tank and ensured it was position correctly.  Having done this I went into the input check mode and all seems to be well.  Will see what happens in the morning.  Thanks for your help.

Right, so what happens is the water refill error came on again and by unscrewing the lid and lifting up the rod with the floats, the water refilling engaged and worked as it should.  Does this mean that the bottom float has an issue?  I'm wondering if you can advise the best way to access the bottom float as there's not enough room to get access???

Still having issues with the V100.  The 'refill water into refilling tank' keeps coming up so I'm suspecting there may be a problem with the bottom floater in the water tank.  If anyone can suggest an easy way to access this we'd really appreciate it.  In the meantime we're just manually topping up the water levels each morning.

Also, the light to indicate the tank is full is permanently on.  Any advice on this would also be welcome.

Ben

Hi Ben,

I've had a look; with the side panel removed (the panel above the rep tanks)

There is a box with a fan inside it directly above the water tank float switch, remove the fan from inside the box (2 screws) now remove the 4 screws that hold the box in place, wiggle it and move it out of the way. Now you should be able to remove the float switch without any obstruction.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Dave,

With your instructions I managed to get access to the float switch.  It was a bit yellow but was in decent condition.  After giving it a clean I'm still getting the same fault.  

I put a mark on the water tank to see if the water was being taken.  After trying a few water refill cycles it appears as if the water is flowing through.  However, on screen after the 4 second cycle it always asks to refill water even though there is plenty in the tank.  Furthermore, the screen doesn't shift between each chemical to indicate that tank is ok.  'CD' flashes and then the refill water message appears with selected tanks showing on-screen ie STAB1 STAB2.

The chemical names (CD, BL, FIX1 etc) flash on the screen when it is re-filling that tank with water, it is stopping because the machine thinks the water tank is empty.

I suspect the float switch is faulty or the wiring to the float switch is damaged/ corroded etc.

You will need to test the wiring of the float switch with a resistance meter.

Remove the float switch from the machine.

With your meter probes connect them to pins 1 & 2 on connector J/P185, with the bottom float in the up position it should read close to zero ohms (switch is on), when the float is in the lower position it should read open circuit (switch is off).

Do the same test with J/P220 pins 1 & 3, this will be for the upper float switch.

See attached circuit drawing. FS14 is the water tank float switch.

If the float switch is faulty, joining pins 1 & 2 together on J/P185 will fool the machine into thinking the water tank is not empty. If you do do this make sure the wires are insulated, and don't let the water tank get empty, otherwise it could burn out the water re-filling pumps.