HELP ME!! THE QSS 2711 SI-1080-II FILM SCANNER

polloda

HELLO,

I HAVE PROBLEM WITH THE FILM SCANNER SI-1080-II OF QSS 2711 DLS

WHICH THE FILM GATE (135 AUTO) FEEDS AND NEVER STOP (I USED THE SCAN DIAG TO SEE THE STATUS OF THE DETECTORS AND ITS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION) .

THEN I USE A QSS 2301 135 AUTO GATE, BUT IT CAN'T RECOGNIZE THE BOARD. THE QUESTION IS HOW CAN I INSTALL THE FIRMWARE TO THE QSS 2301 GATE FOR DLS SCANNER ?

THANK YOU :'(

Polloda.

Not sure if the QSS2301 ANM is fully retro compatible with the QSS27xx, I would have thought not, but could be wrong.....

Attached is  full Service Manual (40 pages)  for the Scanner Diag s/w and functions. Might be some thing in here worth a look regarding firmware....well there is but don't know whether the SI-1080 will take kindly to the changes.

Good luck.

P.S.

The 135ANM part number for DLS: Z808920-01 with SI-1080.

for non-DLS Noritsu QSS27xx  is    Z018098-01 with SI-2000 workstation, and  shows the QSS2611 model as the installed mask for this model. QSS2301 will work here too.

From my vague recollection, the ANM pcb's in the DLS neg gate were not the same as the QSS2301(?) The part number comparison seems to bear out the fact there will be a significant difference but  I don't have the schematic diagrams to confirm one way or the other.

From the manual I posted, go to section 3140-08. This describes how to execute scanner calibration. It is done much in  the same manner as on the QSS2611 and 2301. You will need a strip of processed unexposed (blank) film about 6-8 frames  in length. Preferrably we used Konica film 'back in the day' as it had a very low Dmin value, great for calibration neg carriers.

When I use the advance feed calibration the system work successfull.

But when I use the Film Gate Sensor Calibration, the gate feeds the film after that appears the calibration failed.(as attached file), and if I se the DLS 3.0 LA it appear "7-277" error.

I don't have idea, how the gate sensor calibration works!? :o

thanks for help! :B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
On 11/7/2010 at 5:21 PM, photocorp said:

Polloda.

Not sure if the QSS2301 ANM is fully retro compatible with the QSS27xx, I would have thought not, but could be wrong.....

Attached is  full Service Manual (40 pages)  for the Scanner Diag s/w and functions. Might be some thing in here worth a look regarding firmware....well there is but don't know whether the SI-1080 will take kindly to the changes.

Good luck.

Hey Photocorp, 

I may be dumb but I'm not seeing the attachment. Do you still have this manual available?

Edited by ooogirlthatsmyjam

To QSS2711 DLS and QSS2911 DLS usually connected older scanner - SI-1080 . QSS2921 DLS standard scanner is newer - SI-1080-II .

SI-1080 service manual is on CD with QSS2711 DLS manuals and CD with QSS29xx DLS . SI-1080-II service manual is on CD with QSS29xx DLS .

User, maintenance, instillation manuals are only on documents from Kodak.

I have both CD, Kodak documents, software and all other. Which information you need about SI-1080 , or SI-1080-II ?