Noritsu 3501ibeam vs laser

xlianc

Does anyone know why the price is cheaper for the 3501 i-beam than laser minilab?  Is the color quality as same as the laser one?  Is ibeam more durable and cheaper than laser?  I am interested buying 3501i, but it seems no one really know how well this minilab works.  Any information on ibeam or personal experiences are greatly appreciated.   Please reply ASAP.

Hi!

Well, 2 years I'm using the 3501i Ibeam: its works perfectly. No trouble with the vividness and the like..., just a question of settings.  Its fits with the Supra paper (Endura and Mettallic). No regrets.

And about the replacement, the French Noritsu Seller told me it would cost twice cheaper than the laser... Hope he told me the truth !!! :-)

35 i beam has good quality but maybe slightly softer, more analog like, than a laser that can look too sharp sometimes. It uses different exposure system that is very stable and cheaper to make though I do not know any alternative for cheap repair like  a laser. Good Kit never known a ibeam head need changing so that has to be a plus. Like MALVA its good technology but you do have to keep everything clean as it uses a flatbed scanner to perform uniformity, If the prints are clean very simple and a lot easier than some older systems.

Hi!

And about the replacement, the French Noritsu Seller told me it would cost twice cheaper than the laser... Hope he told me the truth !!! :-)

@ Bopenian

French Noritsu Seller was right:  if you compare it with the price for the brand new laser engine.

But who will buy the new laser unit for almost 30K US$???

Everyone repair it for ~ 3000- 4000 US$, right?

Will you be able to repair i-beam engine with the same price?

I am afraid not...