3301 color changing

Fox

Hi!

I have a noritsu 3301 and I am experiencing color changes. I know that there are already threads for this but none of them really answer my questions.

My problem is that in the morning, when I do the daily set up, everything is good. But, about 2 hours after, the color changes to cyan and green. I temporarily fix this by restoring from back up or doing the daily set up again. This would make the print quality go back to normal. But, 2 hours after, it would change back to green and cyan.

I have replaced all AOM's, changed all developing chemicals, changed the bleach as well. After all this the results are the same.

Noritsu have said that it probably the laser. But, how can this be, if when restored from back up it is back to normal? shouldn't it be constant if it is the laser?

Has anyone have the same problem?

Thanks For Your Help. Much appreciated.

Hi!

Thank you for your help.

I know that my laser model is the A1 type. But, where is the serial number?

I have never done an initial set up before, can you please explain to me the process?

I will try to do the initial set up tomorrow as I am at home right now.

Thank you very much!

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. But, I have done the initial set up and paper registration. On that day it was all fine. When doing the daily set up It looked like the color didn't change all day. But, this morning when I did the daily set up, the color changed. It was -5 yellow, -6 magenta. When the control strip's came out, I saw that it was reddish, But, I saw that the edges on both sides were more darker than the middle. We did the daily setup to bring it back to normal. But, a couple of hours later, wen we did another daily setup, the color changed slightly. it was: +3 yellow, +4 magenta. And then in the afternoon, when we did another daily setup, It looked like it didn't change much. It was: +2 yellow, +1 magenta. I will monitor it for a few more days. I'll let you know how it goes. Or do you have any suggestions?

thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to be sure that Red AOM Driver is fine then perform Initial Setup. In case you have bad AOM Driver Initial setup might get problem worser. Please note that after any of AOM Drivers or laser unit exchanges you have to execute Initial Setup first and never load back up. You may have any color surprises while old calibration data is being used with new or modified hardware installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I have tried everything and the problem is still there. So, I have decided to buy a laser. I contacted a guy named kimtech in Canada.

He agreed for me to send him a little extra so that he could send me a refurbished laser and  after I received it I will send him my one back.

But, after a few weeks, I never saw it come. I contacted him and found out that he has already sold the machine with the laser in it.

So, is there anyone out there that has refurbish lasers for Noritsu 3301? I want it so that you can send me a refurbished one, then when i finish installing it, I will send you me old one back. We will put a deposit on it so that you know we will send our old one back.

Thank You!

There is a temperature correction mode on the machine that will give a correction based on the ambient temperature inside the machine.

I’m wondering whether this mode has got some big corrections in causing the machine to change the colour as the machine heats up.

Instructions are attached.

If there are no corrections set, you can try setting it up, it may help to solve your problem.

Thank You so much Dave.

I tried to do this and it solved my problem. Its been a couple of days since I've done it and its been perfect everyday.

Is it destiny? or a really big coincidence? As soon as I got my money back for the laser you have gave me the answers for free.

Thank You!