image pro error 6820-0004 on qss2901

gg

hy

i've a problem on my qss2901 its a second hand from france

since we received the printer it has never being able to print from negative every time you try to

make negative print the error message image processing error 6820-0004 ocur.

digital print have no problem i try to scan a negative and ouput in the hard drive still fails

but when i ouput photos from a media to the hard drive it works.

try to print negative B/W works also. so dear felow i'll like to know if somone can tell me what to do

thanks  

best regards

gg

For error 6820-0004 it states the data could not be written to the input memory.

Try removing the memory modules and re-fitting them (if it is an old style image processing PCB).

It could also be caused by a faulty D-ice PCB.

The memory modules are not standard PC memory so the only place to get them is either second hand from somebody who scraps machines, or new from Noritsu. Later image processing boards have the memory built into the PCB.

hy dave

I have even change the position of the input and ouput memory since both are the same type

but still nothing. Please the digital ice board have being upgraded successfully (normal termited)

in short in case it is the problem can i remove the digital ice soft and try?

BEST REGARD

PHOTOCORP I TRY TO UNCHECK THE D ICE IN THE OPTION REGISTRATION AS U SAID BUT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE FACT THAT THE D ICE CANT BE CHANGE FROM YES TO NO.

INSTEAD I REMOVED THE BOARD AND STARTED THE PRINTER BUT THIS TIME I COULDN'T EVEN SCAN THE NEGATIVE TO DISPLAY THE IMAGES ON THE SCREEN AS USUAL I HAD TO PUT IT BACK. I NOTICE ALSO THAT  THERE ARE TIMES WHEN THE FILM PRINTING ARE POSSIBLE IN LITTLE QUANTITY LIKE ONE OR TWO WITH TOO MANY SCRATCH ON THEM.

ANY IDEA

REGARDS

GG

hy

i unchecked the d_ice correction software from the operator selection but still no way printing from negative please what wrong here now? the image processing PCB or what hell?

please any help? the supplier can send any part wrong but i need to know the wright one to avoid been stupid

best regard

GG

Even when you turn off the D-ice (software switch) the data from the scanner still has to pass through the D-ice PCB.

At a guess I would say the D-ice PCB is faulty. Until you replace it you're not gonna know!

ok but the fact is that when you scan the negative the image is digitalise and display on the screen and when i scan with the d_ice off it can't scan the negative so i think the d_ice is only for the scan but when the image should be transformed as ouput data on the paper or on a media it fail and show the message image pro pcb error. the input and ouput memory are normal for i inverted them please read this and try to tell me what wrong

regard

gg

Yes, replace the digital Ice PCB.

You are correct the D-ice PCB is only used for images coming from the film scanner. But you still should be able to scan the negatives with D-ice switched off, the fact you can't leads me to think the D-ice PCB is faulty.

Other possible causes are, a bad LVDS cable from the scanner to the D-ice PCB, faulty image processing PCB, some kind of software problem (unlikely), faulty scanner unit.  

• 5 months later...