3300 machine picture quality

o2happpy

For the last couple of days my pictures are coming out murky. The brightness of pictures are gone. Pictures used to be very vibrant but now very dull. I have a Noritsu 3300 machine. When I run the Daily setup, the black bars are coming in purple rather than black. I've had this printer for 4 yrs now and never had a problem with this. One thing I will mention is that I haven't change the proccessing solution tanks yet since I got the machine, I keep thinking that could be the problem, I will change it out tomorrow to see if thats the case. If anyone with any info on this please respond to this thread with any experience you may have with this issue.  I attach 2 pictures where the boy with guitar was the picture where print was good and picture of couple look very dull. Any advice on what else I can test or do to help restore my prints to normal operation is greatly appreciated. Thanks ;D

From your description it sounds like the CD is under-active.

Dumping the main CD tank and mixing up fresh CD tank solution (with starter and water etc) should sort out the problem.

Check that the CD replenisher pump is operating normally, as if it's not the problem will return a few weeks later.

Thanks for the help everyone. I have a photo studio where we usually just print our own pictures so print volume is not high at all. Some days we dont print over 30 pictures. changing the Processing tanks now. Hoefully that will fix the problem. Also one of my employees said that she could possibly use hot water instead of warm water for the cd replenisher. Could that of cause the problem also.

I changed the CD solution in the working Tank and now I am getting a 5508 message saying "processing solution is too low" I checked the paper processor for leakage and everything is ok, no leakage and stariner is clear of any clogs.  The solution tanks are full but I now I dont know what else to check for. Please help....!!!what else can I check. I might have to call Noritsu and pay for some help if I dont figure this out.

Remove the CD chemical filter and check the chemistry level is high enough, normally there is a tide mark showing where the normal level is. If it's low top it up.

If the chemistry level is normal, check the float switch is not stuck down, it's a black rod with white floats that move up and down. You should see it through the hole where the chemical filter goes.

o2Happpy,

Check the float switch in the CD tank is working properly.  If it is stuck and "under water", then you will get the above error message.  

Did you Turn off the power at the breaker when performing the chemical "Dump & replace" ?

Did you also change the filter ? (not that important if you didn't, but helps to keep your chems clean)