Bizarre

NortSur

The reason you are getting green prints is because there is no green exposure from the green laser (exposing green makes magenta on the print) Disconnecting the AOM drivers will not help!

However you said the memory of the machine was all erased, so the problem may be setup related.

The only way you can test the laser output of each laser is with the Noritsu laser diagnostic software.

Thankssss, I do the R laser output on and it works fine, meaning that I get the right readings, I do the same for the blue and also works swell, but here I go...I do the same for the green and I get no readings at all. Changed AOM's, swaped Laser drivers, checked cables, voltages, I'm going insane....

Thanks though

Judging by the results of tests you have done, the problem is really pointing towards a knackered  green laser gun!

There is nothing more you can do but to get the laser unit refurbished.

Not sure why the unexposed leading edge prints would come out green, for that to happen the laser would have to be exposing red and blue continually.

I'm 99% sure the problem lies with the laser unit itself.

100% shure it's the laser unit .Had the same  problem in April on a qss 3311, except the colour of the leading paper was yellow.Nortsur take note fo the waves in the green,laser unit.To be absolute certain,cover the midle of the exit glass (Laser Unit) with a peice of tape,manke a print and feed leading paper.If the leading paper exit the dryer with the area coverd by the tape is white,then your laser unit needs repair.

Thanks much Dave5, Yeah it's really bizzare isn't it, for that to the unexposed leading edge to como out with exposure.  That's the one thing and only thing that holds me back to jump into sending my unit for repair and find out afterwards that wasn't the real issue. By the way would you recomend someone who does laser refurbishing?

Thanks again

Dear Milton,

As I told you earlier in our email Communication, The problem of getting Green Colors came out because of Element broken in RED AOM. Some friends here suggesting you to replace Green AOM or broken of Green Laser which is NOT correct at all. if green laser or AOM is faulty you MUST get an error of G Laser status error or Synchornous  error as common.

You can try to swap R-AOM with any working AOM and you will get prpbably an error that mean R-AOM is faulty for sure. There is nothing wrong with ANY PCB for your machine for sure.

The last solution is ( if it is not R-AOM ) you have to replace the laser unit.

vimalson

Thankssss, I do the R laser output on and it works fine, meaning that I get the right readings, I do the same for the blue and also works swell, but here I go...I do the same for the green and I get no readings at all. Changed AOM's, swaped Laser drivers, checked cables, voltages, I'm going insane....

Thanks though

Nortsur has already stated that the R red and B output works fine, but nothing from the Green.

You will never get a synchrounous sensor error from a faulty green or blue laser on this machine model, this error will only be given for a faulty red laser or faulty red AOM driver etc. The 6106 G Laser light source status error will never be given for a faulty AOM driver, this error relates to the laser being driven at maximum current and has nothing to do with AOM's.

I fail to understand how a faulty red laser (no red exposure) can possibility give you green prints!

Nortsur

In theory you should still get a (green) image, but maybe the software of the machine is programed to not give you an image when it detects a problem, the same reason goes for the leading paper being green.

xan said he had the same issue, though in his case the print was yellow because of a faulty blue laser.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.