How to use an S-1 scanner

prodigitalphoto

Hello. I work at a print lab and we have a Noritsu S-1 scanner and Ddp, etc. We need to scan some negatives with the S-1, but it’s not working. I have the manual. When I got to the step where I put the film in, nothing happens. I don’t know if there is something I need to set up on the console beforehand or if the scanner is malfunctioning.  :-/ Any help would be appreciated.

Marcus

Hello Vimalson et al.,

We have an S-1 (there's no II suffix as far as I can tell). It is connected to an OM-2 control console via USB cable. The OM-2 is connected to our Ddp, which is on but not in shape to print anything. However, we don't need to print via the Ddp. All we need to do is scan the negatives and burn them to a CD. So how do we do that? I can turn the S-1 and the OM-2 on. I feed the film into the S-1 as it says in the manual and nothing happens. What else do I need to do?

Marcus

Dear Marcus,

I think you did not install the S1 Software OR you did not select the option of filmScanner in Input Device mode. Please slect Scanner as Input Device and restart the printer it will be fine. or else you need to re-install the software.

Regards

www.spectrumcolors.com

Hello Big Member et al.,

I did go into a utility and select the S-1 as the input device. OK, exactly which program do you scan from? I can't get EZ Mall to do it, and the S-1 software program seems to be just a diagnostic utility.

Also, there seems to be some problems with the feeder mechanism, judging from the diagnostic utility.

Marcus

You can use both standard and EZ-Mall to use S1 scanner. If you already selected scanner in  Input devices and still have problem, You need to reinstall the scanner software or dDP system Programe.

www.spectrumcolors.ca

OK, I got to the main menu of the software on the OM-2 where I selected "Make Print". Then in the "Select Media" screen, I clicked on S-1. Then it crashed. It did this twice. Does the Ddp need to work to scan film? It's on, but not in working condition now. It gives me the an error message saying the printhead temperature is wrong, and the light on the Ddp is flashing. All I need to do is scan and save some film, not print. Does anyone how to get this working?

marcus