Noritsu 2901

sunil

Hello all minilab users. I am thinking to buy a reconditioned Noritsu 2901. But I did not saw the results of the machine yet. I want you masters to guide me, what should I have to do? Is it better machine with 400 ppi. Is it have good results than 300 ppi machines like 3202,3201 etc?

Please guide me....

Don't worry too much about the PC.  There are many threads discussing upgrading the PC to a newer, Much Faster motherboard / CPU combination, and Many Users who have already successfully done this.

We have a 2901, and waiting until next month to swap Motherboard/CPU when business is REALLY SLOW.

We like our 2901, but we're biased.

PROS: It doesn't have AOM/laser issues; less worries about having a well air-conditioned, well ventilated store; the prints are good (some say better than laser for their "warmth", probably not as good as the new 37xxHD); prints up to 12x18; paper magazines are compatible with 31xx(32xx?? can't remember)

CONS: Uniformity does take a while (between 25-60minutes) when necessary but automatically done in the morning; handles "hotter" store conditions better than Laser based units with less need for Air conditioning; you can get a magenta fringe in high contrast prints (ie:black text on white background, we still can't get it perfect); Noritsu is going to quit making parts available in 2012; replacement parts costs have gone up; needs new MLVA & Scanner lamps every 900 hours; Only prints up to 12x18 (newer machines can do 12x36); doesn't have some of the newer image adjustments available on 32xx and newer machines; It's an older machine and parts will eventually become worn out and harder to find; MLVA head costs $25K and no longer manufactured (I think).

We would like to get the newer 3701 (for reliability) but can't afford it, so we're going to try replacing the PC with a newer faster Core2 Duo, and pray that it all works ok in the end.  Other 2901 users we've talked to that have upgraded their PCs only have good things to say about the upgrade.

Hope this helps from a current 2901 user.  Other 2901 users, please chime in as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I BOUGHT A SECOND HAND 2901 TWO YEARS AGO AND I AM FULLY SATISFIED FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF PHOTO QUALITY AND SPEED.  I OWNED  BEFORE TWO ANALOG MACHINES A GRETAG AND A 2OO AGFA AND THW PRESENT QUALITY IS  UNBEATTEN. I'M USING AN UPGRADED PC AND EVERYTHING OI OK.  MAKING EXPERIMENTS BEFORE FOR UPGRADING I MONITORED THAT THE GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD

WAS IN CONFLICT WITH THE ARCNET PCI CARD. NOW  I BUILD A  BRAND NEW PC WITH  DUO CORE CPU, I WIIL HAVE IT READY NEXT WEEK , WHEN I PUT IT ON THE I WIIL TRANSFER THE RESULTS ON CHAT

• 4 months later...