Help! my mp 1600 wont turn on!!

joe

I had turned my mp1600 off at the breaker to change the bulb...it ends up the bulb was not blown....but when i turned the machine back on none of the digital end turned on?? No LCD or anything?? the drive motors work all the processing end works and all the boards look like they are getting power??? any ideas? please help i really need it!!! thanks! :o

I had turned my mp1600 off at the breaker to change the bulb...it ends up the bulb was not blown....but when i turned the machine back on none of the digital end turned on?? No LCD or anything?? the drive motors work all the processing end works and all the boards look like they are getting power??? any ideas? please help i really need it!!! thanks! :o

try press F1, if not, reset bios (withdraws the battery in a minute), if not, conect external monitor and keyboard to fix your boot settings and check if when the pc in your minilab start shows PRESS ANY KEY, if shoy this just prees any and you machine start again, if shows that can find system your flash drive is gone but i dont think so, im sure that the boot is not rigth.

I finally got it up...i think it might have been as stupid as the interlock switch...its weird i have never seen it happen that way before??? now i lost my back light on my LCD...which is funny cause before all i had was the back light???

Polloda, i would love to learn how to check the hard drive for the future....do you have direction on it or is it pretty simple? i get how to get it out and get it in another computer, but what am i looking for??

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

you can buy an ide to usb adapter, then remove the hard drive from the mp1600 (there are two drives, one regular ide and a solid state drive). They are located under the densitomiter.  Then just plug it in to your pc.  The best hard drive software I've ever used or heard about is Spinrite 6.0, from Gibson research.  It will restore any type drive.

Tom