Noritsu 2301 Advance Unit #3 Error

prima

Hello!

I am in need of help from that side on the subject.

The far motor on the advance unit #3 just stopped working yesterday.  When I interchanged the motor cable with that of near motor the motor works, indicating that nothing is wrong with the motor but the problem is elsewhere.  

Please advise me on what could be wrong and what to do to fix it.  In the meantime, can I bypass it and be using the near motor only?

Prima.

Your problem is caused by a faulty PM driver. The far motor is PMD15 the near motor is PMD16.

The drivers are located on the left side of the exposure deck, behind the black panel.

You can't bypass it because it needs to use both motors as it feeds duel track, and on single track it uses both the motors at the same time to feed the paper.

I HAVE A PM DRIVE AVAILABLE THE SAME PART NO. I043033-00

PLEASE CONFIRM WITH YOUR FULL ADDRESS BY MAIL

MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS : rlaheru@gmail.com

THANKS

REDARDS

• 2 weeks later...

This evening I fixed a replacement motor driver for the unit in error and I could see the motor moving.  Unfortunately the problem is not solved yet.  I still noticed an intermitent failure on the motor.  When I power up the machine the motor will run but when I feed in the paper it will not move.  I have tried interchanging the cables on the far and near motor as well as interchanging the motors.  This has not solved the problem either.

Please advise me where I should look and what to do next.

Prima.

Thanks Dave.

I have swapped the driver around the drivers 15 & 16 around after replacing the driver and the problem remains with the far motor.  Then I swapped the motors around and the problem still remain with the far motor.

I have been suspecting the wiring as you said.  Any tips on how I can easily trace to the wire?

Prima.

• 2 weeks later...