3001 LIGHT SOURCE UPDATING PROBLEM

mmewaswida

For somedays now my 3001 doesn't update the light source propery.

The problem is that when I update the light source, the action terminates before completion and demands that I have to clean Photometry section first. I have done it but when I resume the action it demands again that I clean the Photometry section.

And further more, if I dont make the update for many days because of this problem, a sort of small scratch appears crossing on all film prints.

I dont know where the problem is. Can anyone help me Please?

Thanks

Thanks may be I will try to change the lamp and will report the results

When the light have to be changed the machine says "the scanner light is weak" or something similar (error nº 1307). I have had the same problem and always was solved by cleaning inside the lamp and the photometry section. I won't waste money changing the lamp, first clean the old one.

Dear members,

I tried the advice given but still the light source measurement doesn't agree. I replaced the lamp with new lamp, I cleaned them mirror placed at the top of lamp, I cleaned the AFC. Yet it demands me to clean Photometry system. Haven't tried the advice of rbrito. May be I try this too.

What next should I do?

Plz advise.

This morning, There was power fluctuation, and I had these error messages.

1.error 6909-0080 CPU was reset Abort the process image processing CPU.

2.error 6106-0001 G. Laser light source status error.

3.error 6105-0001 B. Laser light source status error.

I cleared the errors.

There after I measured the light source and it terminated after only few seconds demanding again cleaning of photometry section.

However once some days ago this same message appeared while I had the same problem. After clearing the message, this light source measurement problem never happened again as I could measure the light source correctly.

Where do you still the problem might be arising?

Thanks.

Power fluctuations is another problem.

When it says clean the light source on a 30, you have many areas to clean

Start at the lamp, a New one.

Heat glass and then the dust glass, the filter wheel is very difficult to clean without stripping the head down.

Remove the Fibre optic head, pop the cream plastic top and remove the 3 or 4, 3mm bolts, Clean the fire optic bundle with a clean cloth.

The other end has the slot, clean with a cotton bud, most people just rub a finger over the slot when the mask is out, it gets very dirty.

The 30 mask has small diffusers, one glass one on the lid, again a slightly damp cotton bud, clean both ides in circular movements and the same for the plastic ones on the 135 and 240 tracks. Again the surface is not smooth and dirt gets ingrained. Clean the slot very carefully.

If it still errors you will have to register the light source in service mode, normally after checking focus, but you need special tools to do it properly.

Power fluctuations is another problem.

When it says clean the light source on a 30, you have many areas to clean

Start at the lamp, a New one.

Heat glass and then the dust glass, the filter wheel is very difficult to clean without stripping the head down.

Remove the Fibre optic head, pop the cream plastic top and remove the 3 or 4, 3mm bolts, Clean the fire optic bundle with a clean cloth.

The other end has the slot, clean with a cotton bud, most people just rub a finger over the slot when the mask is out, it gets very dirty.The 30 mask has small diffusers, one glass one on the lid, again a slightly damp cotton bud, clean both ides in circular movements and the same for the plastic ones on the 135 and 240 tracks. Again the surface is not smooth and dirt gets ingrained. Clean the slot very carefully.

If it still errors you will have to register the light source in service mode, normally after checking focus, but you need special tools to do it properly.

Magenta,

your ideas might be working but I cannot indetify where those marked in red above are located on a scanner. Can you spend some time explaining in details how can I reach them? I started to use this machine in December 2008, so I am new to it. you can email me if you feel so, via: mmewaswida@yahoo.com

Thanks and regards

Heat Glass is fitted directly above the lamp take care to refit it the same way as your remove it as it is coated on one side.

You may not have a dust glass just above the heat glass it will be a thin piece of glass to stop dust getting on the underside of the filter wheel.

You can not get access to the filter wheel without stripping down the scanner. (Big job) Be content at cleaning the top side after removing the fibre optic array.

The cream plastic that holds the red and green alarm lamps is just clipped on. it should just pop off. Once off you will find 4, 3mm set screws, remove them and the black fibre optic array can be lifted off, you will have 2 wires going to the red and green LED. With that off you will have a hole that goes down onto the top of the filter wheel. Use a cotton bud to push the filter wheel round till you come to the filter (3 of them) and clean the top surface as best you can. These can crack in use and if they are cracked that may be your problem,

Clean the fibre optic slit, this tends to be the dirty one. Imagine the light comes out of each fibre end like a tube, its not always very smooth and gets dirt ingrained on the end.

All Noritsu machines have an output check mode in the menu. Any motor, lamp etc can be turned on and checked using the keyboard.

The easiest way to turn the filter wheel is by going to Menu, Extension, Maintenance, Output Check, Printer, Film Carrier Section, (Scanner Light Source Section),  click on filter motor, then click yes, the filter will rotate to next position, each press of yes will make it rotate to the next position.

What you can also do is briefly operate the scanner lamp and check if there are any cracked or damaged filters. Note the lamp cover will need to be closed for the lamp to operate.

Make sure you only use Noritsu branded lamps, as other lamps do not always work very well with this scanner.