Noritsu 2711 (replace flatbed scanner)

vincentdao1

Hi everyone, i have a Noritsu 2711, and my flatbed scanner (ScanMaker 9600xl) is not working. Does everyone know if i can use any other scanner to replace this scanner so i can do my uniformity. because of not able do the uniformity, the prints from my machine came out with a lot of uniformity lines. Please help me solving this problem..

Vincent.

What's wrong with the 9600XL. Does it light up? The power supplies fail in these and if that's the case you can repair it with a similar "off the shelf" SM unit. I think from memory its's only got 5V and 12Volts, similar to a PC.

If the cold cathode tube doesn't turn on then  you're better  getting one installed by your Microtek  service provider. The 9600's turn up on eBay frequently.

i don't really know what's wrong with the 9600xl scanner. but before, one of the capacitor was bust so i replace that and it works well after that. but lately i haven't use it to do the uniformity calibration because i'm running prints with luster paper,  it's harder to see uniformity lines on luster. however, the uniformity lines on the prints got worsen now after three or four months without doing uniformity calibration. so, i decided to use the scanner again to do the calibration, but it's now always shown "ERROR" at the end of the uniformity period no matter what i tried. Before when the scanner is still good, after it scanned for a minutes or 2, the displace of the  3 TEST PRINTS on 5 inches paper appear on the monitor where you can see them being calibrating. However, now it doesn't shown that anymore and i don't know y? Maybe this is the problem that causes the uniformity doesn't go through all the way. However, i did check to see if the capacitor that i replace before is bust again or not. It looks find.