Too much yellow in scanned negatives!

Arsenal

I use a 3300 digital machine and the photos on my screen are too yellowish such that I have to make lots of correction(removing the yellow). I am suspecting one of the chemicals in the film developer has a problem. Which one could it be? (The filter in the first Fixer tank has yellow residue while the others are normal)

If the problem is int he printer, where should i balance?

is it necessary to register film DX codes and what bearing do they have on the finished print or on the image displayed on the screen?

Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

there could be MANY reasons why this is happening.  The simplest first, are the pictures taken indoors without flash(assuming this only happens with some photos)?  To know which chemical could possibly be off in your film processor, you need to be running control strips DAILY at a minimum.  It will sound harsh, but if you're not running and plotting control strips, you have no buisness taking in customer work.

To know which chemical could possibly be off in your film processor, you need to be running control strips DAILY at a minimum.  It will sound harsh, but if you're not running and plotting control strips, you have no buisness taking in customer work.

Well in my experience thats more than half of you and another 30% who process them and just hold them up to the light and say, Yep thats OK

I know its hard when film numbers have dropped but you need to carry out more house work and take care of your film processor when you are doing less work than when they were working flat out doing 200 films a day.

its one sure way of pushing those keen film men digital when you miss process a film or scratch hell out of it.

As for Arsenal, Yes check your film processor,  ask your self, Is it all your film? all sizes and manufactures? or just odd film makes? Then is it only Overs or unders?

Its all adjustable but as a supporter of Arsenal????? :X :P

Seriously a bit more info please