Power problem after setting up machine.

infocus

Hi all....we moved cour machine, and now we have a problem with the power. It seems we get power to both sides, but the exposure or chemical side doesn't seem to be working. THe light on the dryer doesn't come on at all, neither green nor red. I plugged both wiring connectors in and ran the ground wire to the same place as before.

Also, the monitor doesn't work after re-installing the cpu back into it's slot.

The mlva lamp comes on, and that end seems to be running, but not the other side.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brad

Yes, Tried that a few times. I now have the cpu and monitor firing up, and everything on the cpu side seems to be working, but light is still out on the top of the drier, and I get no warnings or errors if I open the to or doors on the right side of the machine. I double checked to make sure everything is level, in case there's a mercury switch somewhere, and it's level. I took the front cover off where the two connector bolck and the groung wire feed through, along with the fiber optic cables, and there  are green and red lights on in the circuit boards, and the same for the end of the machine. The connections are tight. Still stumped here.

I got it ! The program timer was all wonky! don't know how it all changed, but I had to bypass all the setup and totally redo all the timer settings. Not sure why holding the sorter button in for a few minutes didn't work though. Strange, the cpu was only unplugged for about 26 hours. It should have saved all the settings for that long.

Thank you very much Dave S. As usual you were correct, it was the program timer, just had to go at it from a different angle this time.

Great, glad you got it sorted!

I've had a similar issue like that on an installation before.

The only way I could get it to work was to change the time on the PC so the machine was tricked into thinking it needed to come on in timer mode.

The timer is controlled by the processor part of the machine. I think it calibrates the timer clock from the PC clock every time the machine is booted up.

It's best to switch off the machine using closedown checks, functions, power off rather than putting it onto program timer if the machine is going to be moved or switched off for a while.