SCSI Communication Error [02:06]

BigA

Hi,

I had an old PC with WinXp, Adaptec SCSI AVA-2915LP card connected to QSS-2511, EZ MALL installed, everything worked fine until my HDD died, now I have a complete new PC.

I installed XP, ASPI drivers (4.72) with command: install.bat xp32, EZ MALL, and as soon as I run it (EZ MALL) i get the error "SCSI Communication Error [02:06]", then I formated my PC and installed Win2000SP4, drivers for my SCSI card (2915lp_2930lp_fms_v113), ASPI drvers with command install.bat x86, EZ MAll, the error still remains.

People please help, I can't work without that.

P.S: Sorry for my bad English, I'm from Bosnia  ;D

Error screenshot is included (attachment).

Hello everyone!

I have same prolem. Mine is Noritsu2611 & VFP8, the SCSI controller is Adaptec AHA-2940UW, I install the WinXP Service pack2, after ASPI driver for XP 4.71 version, after installed Ez-mall 2.1

But when printing, come out same error, SCSI communication error 02:06.

Please help if you know the solution....!

Thank you!

Check your nmc setting : the baud rate run at 9600.

Bye  frenchman

Where can I change these settings, do I need some addiotional software for that ?

I only got the hardware (PC and SCSI card), and WinXP, WinXP biult in drivers for my card, ASPI 4.72 and EZ MALL, do I need something else for that ?

I need more details, please.

Dear BigA, inside of forum have one Great Person, the nick is gg.

He message installation instruction to me by detail.

I try it with 2 different computers and both are working.

I will forward his message here. Use it, it really working, i spend already 1 week for that problem, but due to our GG. It is working perfect...

Do this all things, and THANKS to GG!

I installed the XP Service pack2 for both PC.

Here is the installation procedure

WIN XP is good but if you've got WIN ULTIMATE it'll be best for it has a good version ASPI layer inside

start with a good working computer install the ASPI layer restart the system go trough control panel/add and remove check if you can find it there

but before this you must have plugged in the SCSI controler card

in the computer Then click wright on MY COMPUTER icon then select property then hardware and after device manager form there select GENERIC PRINTER and make sure that you can find the name NORITSU there as printer. NOTE the SCSI  cable from the printer must be plugged to the computer via the SCSI controler board. then from the EZMALL VERSION you have insert the first CD in the drive and at prompt to insert the second CD do it and at completion of installation restart the system and go trough C:/programfile/NKC/ then remove the file SCSI CHANGE and copy it in my documents  then start the EZMALL software and make some settings like print channel setup etc..... . note during the installaion when prompt for the type of printer select VFP 290 for 2611 VFP8.

I hope this will help you good luck and happy new hear

best regards

GG

Dear BigA, inside of forum have one Great Person, the nick is gg.

He message installation instruction to me by detail.

I try it with 2 different computers and both are working.

I will forward his message here. Use it, it really working, i spend already 1 week for that problem, but due to our GG. It is working perfect...

Do this all things, and THANKS to GG!

I installed the XP Service pack2 for both PC.

Here is the installation procedure

WIN XP is good but if you've got WIN ULTIMATE it'll be best for it has a good version ASPI layer inside

start with a good working computer install the ASPI layer restart the system go trough control panel/add and remove check if you can find it there

but before this you must have plugged in the SCSI controler card

in the computer Then click wright on MY COMPUTER icon then select property then hardware and after device manager form there select GENERIC PRINTER and make sure that you can find the name NORITSU there as printer. NOTE the SCSI  cable from the printer must be plugged to the computer via the SCSI controler board. then from the EZMALL VERSION you have insert the first CD in the drive and at prompt to insert the second CD do it and at completion of installation restart the system and go trough C:/programfile/NKC/ then remove the file SCSI CHANGE and copy it in my documents  then start the EZMALL software and make some settings like print channel setup etc..... . note during the installaion when prompt for the type of printer select VFP 290 for 2611 VFP8.

I hope this will help you good luck and happy new hear

best regards

GG

As first thanks for your solidarity.

Second, I understand almost everything, only when I try this part "Then click wright on MY COMPUTER icon then select property then hardware and after device manager form there select GENERIC PRINTER and make sure that you can find the name NORITSU there as printer" (I bolded the part that I don't understand) somehow I get stuck.

Would you please explain this part step by step, Like Go to Start->Control Panel->... click on Something, chose something.

I would realy appreciate that.

Hello, on My computer use right click of mouse, after push manage, and push to Device manager, there are 2 windows, on the right hand side, you can see My computer, Disk drives, etc...push on plus, by detail will open try to find there Generic Printer on SCSI part, after you do right click properties and read, is it find the right printer Noritsu?

And one more things, you check all your motherboard drivers is ok or not? If on device manager some part show yellow ?, this means that part need to install driver, the driver doesnt found....

You try if cant, message again...

Now i use different PC, so cant attach you correct picture with SCSI and Generic Printer, cz inside of this PC no have SCSI PCI card, but you find out, it is easy...

Hello, on My computer use right click of mouse, after push manage, and push to Device manager, there are 2 windows, on the right hand side, you can see My computer, Disk drives, etc...push on plus, by detail will open try to find there Generic Printer on SCSI part, after you do right click properties and read, is it find the right printer Noritsu?

And one more things, you check all your motherboard drivers is ok or not? If on device manager some part show yellow ?, this means that part need to install driver, the driver doesnt found....

You try if cant, message again...

Now i use different PC, so cant attach you correct picture with SCSI and Generic Printer, cz inside of this PC no have SCSI PCI card, but you find out, it is easy...

This is what I got on my device manager. There is nothing, nowhere I can update some drivers to Noritsu generic. I don't know what to do. I just can say, everything worked on my old computer without problems with the same SCSI card and OS (XP).

Maybe I didn't understand it right again ? Maybe I do something wrong again ? I know I'm boring but please help :)

Check in your ezmall extension menu ,the speed communication for in/ouput device, and check in the NMC setting of your minilab  it the same.i think that' your problem is not in your PC but in setting of your minilab 2511 /2611.If i remebe the SCSI communication in 2511 is a optical fiber (the NMC to the main board 1)

regards frenchmen

Check in your ezmall extension menu ,the speed communication for in/ouput device, and check in the NMC setting of your minilab  it the same.i think that' your problem is not in your PC but in setting of your minilab 2511 /2611.If i remebe the SCSI communication in 2511 is a optical fiber (the NMC to the main board 1)

regards frenchmen

Please, where can I find this NMC settnigs, I searched for it in installaion folder of EZ MALL without result. I searched for it int in EZ MALL program, but I can't find any settings.

And can you tell me please what does this acronym NMC mean ?

Are you sure that's Xp OS and EZMALL are compatible? Before your problem you run with this exactly configuration ? i ask you that because i see Win2K in config info?  maybe XP run too fast for EZMALL ?

Frenchman

It's 100% XP (look at the border - XP style) and 100% the same CDs, everything is the same. For a few days i installed Win2000SP4 on my PC, but the same problem (first post, the picture, borders - Win2000SP4, you see same problem).

I installed Win2000SP4, WinXPSP3 and WinVistaSP1, ASPI drivers, but every time same problem.

When you start or restart your QSS2511 do you have any alarm ? like NMC communication error ?

frenchman

The machine is working perfect, no alarms or anything else. There is also one interesting thing, I don't know if I mention it before, no matter is the PC connected to the machine or not the same problem always pop up, like they don't hear each other or something like that.

the QSS 2511 accept only data from the card scsi1 not the card scsi2,i have not work to the qss2511 since 5 years ,sorry but now i dont remebe every thing,but i'm sure that's not your PC ,i think more for the NMC card inside the QSS 2511 is in defaut or bad connected.Let me a few moment for looking information ok ?

the QSS 2511 accept only data from the card scsi1 not the card scsi2,i have not work to the qss2511 since 5 years ,sorry but now i dont remebe every thing,but i'm sure that's not your PC ,i think more for the NMC card inside the QSS 2511 is in defaut or bad connected.Let me a few moment for looking information ok ?

Thank you, I realy appreciate that.

I'm not sure what NMC is or what it has to do with this problem!

The 2511/2611/2612 with a VFP all connect to a PC via a SCSI connection.

The only thing I can think of is a hardware issue on the new PC.

Maybe duel core processors, SATA hard drive, chipset etc etc are not compatible with EZmall.

Maybe install a new hard drive and OS on your old PC, and see if that solves the problem.

The order I would do things in is:-

Install SCSI card into PC

Load OS (W2K or XP)

Load ASPI driver

Load EZmall

Remove Change SCSI icon from the Windows startup folder

Dear BigA, i saw the current attached Device manager picture, that time PC connected with Noritsu or not? And please go Detail and attach that picture also.

Did u do everything i wrote before? If again error, you format computer, Install again XP SP2, after Motherboard drivers, after SCSI ASPI, and after do everything i tell u before....And one more reccomenadtion, do you have EZ mall 1.6 or 1.8? Install first old version, after install Ez mall 2.0....I did few times, and i understand it step by step...It takes from me 1 week, but i solved...

You dont angry, you slowly do it again...Like i told you before....I solve my problems these few days...And i install another PC also, and both are working...

Have a good luck!

Dear BigA, i saw the current attached Device manager picture, that time PC connected with Noritsu or not? And please go Detail and attach that picture also.

Did u do everything i wrote before? If again error, you format computer, Install again XP SP2, after Motherboard drivers, after SCSI ASPI, and after do everything i tell u before....And one more reccomenadtion, do you have EZ mall 1.6 or 1.8? Install first old version, after install Ez mall 2.0....I did few times, and i understand it step by step...It takes from me 1 week, but i solved...

You dont angry, you slowly do it again...Like i told you before....I solve my problems these few days...And i install another PC also, and both are working...

Have a good luck!

I did exactly everythin like you said and nothing happend. Yes the noritsu was connected at the time when I took this picture. I formated my PC in the past few days many times with many different OSs but again nothing happend. When I format my PC I do it this way:

(SCSI card already attached)

1. Format PC and install OS

2. Install chipset driver for OS

3. If Win2000SP4 install "2915lp_2930lp_fms_v113" driver for my SCSI card (latest driver for my card, taken from Adaptec homepage), If WinXPSP3 GOTO 4. (XP has built in drivers)

4. Install ASPI DLLs, for Win2000SP4 I use command "install.bat x86", for WinXPSP3 "install.bat xp32" (Latest driver taken from Adaptec homepage, commands taken from ASPI manual)

5. Install EZ MALL

This is it !