Keeping QSS 2901 chemicals fresh while not running

infocus

Hi. Would anybody know if there is a way to keep the chemicals fresh in a QSS 2901 SM for 5 or six days at a time while only operating two days a week? Would I have to keep the machine running for a few hours a day without running prints? I may only be able to run my machine on Saturdays and Sundays, as I have to work my real job 5 days a week.

As Neil says I would say 5 days is a bit too long, Normally its better to have the machine on for a few hours each day but once the evaporation drops below the float level it will just alarm solution level low. When you come out of program timer mode it refills as part of the start up check. If you can get someone in to top it up that may be OK. Leaving it off all week will cause probes with the bleach dropping out of solution and loads of dirty prints when you do start

I closed down my lab for 2 weeks at Christmas. I drained the developer and put into a sealed container. Filled developer tank with water. Everyting else I just left as is. Shut off at breaker. When I reopened I drained water out, refilled the developer from the container, changed the stabiliser (because that was due anyway), topped up tanks and restarted.  I was half expecting to have to mix new bleach and developer but wanted to see how the prints looked, and was suprised to find very little difference to the reference prints I had done prior to closing, so I just kept printing, and it was fine. The first prints were a little dirty but not exessively so.

So I would say you can do it, may not cause as many problems as you think. Try it and see.

I can even set the timer to run the machine for a few hours a day, but would I need to run a certian amount of prints a day like a film processor? I'm actually setting it up in my home, and going to mainly do online orders, but working 13-14 hour shifts driving truck deosn't leave much time to do anything during the week. I'll also open for my real good customers on the weekend. Any suggestions?