12"x36" in qss 2711

shailesh

I have a DLS software controlled machine and have made mine produce 24 inch long prints. HOWEVER..... there is a line that occurs at about 23 inches. I assume this is a overexposure defect from that long a piece of paper stopping at the advance rack that hasn't fired up yet. Or something like that. I do make 12x20 and 12x22s all day long with no problems.

Try the template genorator software and just make some different sizes and see what happens. I think I will have some fun with 4 inch paper and see how big of a container I can go. I never pushed it passed the 24 inch once the line showed up.

CONGRETULATION

SATISH BHAI AMARA GAM NA PATELIYA EVU KAHE CHE K CHOKARAV THI CHAISH NO PIVAY KHATI LAGE !!!!!!

BAROBAR NE TAME TO CHIPAKALI NA BACCHAV NE MAGARMACCH BANAVAVANI VAT KARO CHO ANE MARA MAIL NO

JAVAB NATHI LAKHATA TAMARU KAM PATI GYU ?? SU JOIE CHE JAVAB TO LAKHO YAAR....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I came across this post and very interested to know how you can produce a 12x20 print from the DLS  2711.  A template generate software was mention.  Can someone explain more and the name of the template software?  Is the template software part of the DLS software or separate from other vendor?  Thank you for the help in advance. Danny.

Because you asked......

This is the code to make a 10x10 container/template. Line by line I will modify it to make two up 5x7's on a 7x10 page. So see each line and what changes to make this.

Canvas = the paper size

layer = the image to be placed on the canvas

X an Y offsets are WHERE the layer/image is to be placed on the canvas.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE CTSFile SYSTEM "/Cts/Dtd/Cts.dtd">

<CTSFile Title="10x10" Label="CTS10x10" Author="Charlie Hicks" Date="1/4/00" Description="Enlargement" Userdata="OTHER NA 0">

<Canvas Label="Canvas1" Width="10.0" Height="10.0" PixelValueUnit="255" Render="Yes" FillColor="1.0, 1.0, 1.0" FillColorOpacityValue="0" PixelsPerUnit="256">

<Layer Label="Layer0" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="0.0" Width="10.0" Height="10.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

<Image Label="Image1">

<ImageSource Label="TheImage">

</ImageSource>

</Image>

</Layer>

</Canvas>

</CTSFile>

First line to modify

<CTSFile Title="10x10" Label="CTS10x10" Author="Charlie Hicks" Date="1/4/00" Description="Enlargement" Userdata="OTHER NA 0">

Title can be anything same with label          author is not important          Decription is what my IPW shows for name.  Userdata????

<CTSFile Title="PPC10-8" Label="CTSPPC10-8" Author="Tim" Date="11/22/04" Description="10Rx2-5x7">

next line

<Canvas Label="Canvas1" Width="10.0" Height="10.0" PixelValueUnit="255" Render="Yes" FillColor="1.0, 1.0, 1.0" FillColorOpacityValue="0" PixelsPerUnit="256">

Overall size of paper               ???                              ???                    ???                                   ???                         ???

<Canvas Label="Canvas1" Width="7.0" Height="10.0" PixelValueUnit="255" Render="Yes" FillColor="1.0, 1.0, 1.0" FillColorOpacityValue="0" PixelsPerUnit="256">

Line 3

<Layer Label="Layer0" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="0.0" Width="10.0" Height="10.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

Same offset for the first picture                              Size of first picture has changed

<Layer Label="Layer0" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="0.0" Width="7.0" Height="5.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

I don't know what these line do or what they are for but the are associated with the layer/image of the first layer and need to be here.

<Image Label="Image1">

</ImageSource>

</Image>

</Layer>

Now we add all of this new data to make the second image on the paper. Note the offset has changed from the first layer. Also note that X is the horizontal line starting at the front bottom left corner and Y is the vertical line again starting from the bottom left corner.

<Layer Label="Layer1" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="5.0" Width="7.0" Height="5.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

<Image Label="Image2">

<ImageSource Label="ImageSource2">

<ReferenceTag Label="RefTag2" ReferenceImage="TheImage"/>

</ImageSource>

</Image>

</Layer>

This is the final container that makes a 7x10 overall page with two 5x7's on it.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE CTSFile SYSTEM "/Cts/Dtd/Cts.dtd">

<CTSFile Title="PPC10-8" Label="CTSPPC10-8" Author="Tim" Date="11/22/04" Description="10Rx2-5x7">

<Canvas Label="Canvas1" Width="7.0" Height="10.0" PixelValueUnit="255" Render="Yes" FillColor="1.0, 1.0, 1.0" FillColorOpacityValue="0" PixelsPerUnit="256">

<Layer Label="Layer0" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="0.0" Width="7.0" Height="5.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

<Image Label="Image1">

</ImageSource>

</Image>

</Layer>

<Layer Label="Layer1" XOffset="0.0" YOffset="5.0" Width="7.0" Height="5.0" ResizeAlgorithm="Bicubic">

<Image Label="Image2">

<ImageSource Label="ImageSource2">

<ReferenceTag Label="RefTag2" ReferenceImage="TheImage"/>

</ImageSource>

</Image>

</Layer>

</Canvas>

</CTSFile>

With out the two color txtes its harder to see what gets modified if anyone wants this emailed so the colors show up PM me.