3300-Blown out whites

Liz

I noticed to-day on my 3300 that my 6" channel really blows out the whites/highlights.  I also had to do an 8" of the same print which is why it came to my notice.  Detail in a white dress was still evident in the 8" but the 6" just showed a white blob.  Does this mean I need to do some correction to the scanner/exposure on this channel......?????? not really sure.  Any help would be appreciated.

Liz

First of all these machines have loads of places (pigeon holes) to put corrections, you need to check that you haven't already got corrections in one channel and not the other, same goes for the paper magazine balances.

Start with a Daily setup I presume 6" is your setup paper, do you see any abnormal steps in the setup print?, then run an emulsion number set up on the 8" check that the paper balance is set to 00 and if its not at least the numbers  for the 2 paper sizes should be the same.

Then check the channel used for the 2 print sizes, No corrections in Balance or DSA

Is it neg or digital files? or both?

If its digital check if you have auto correction turned on, on one channel and not the other

Good Luck

Thanks for your reply, Mr. Noritsu.  As far as I know the 3300 doesn't give you access to either the OO set up channel, or the accumulation of corrections made over the months.  I like the idea of dragging the 8" channel to the 6", changing the feed length, and see what happens.  Shall try that first.  If that doesn't work, then somehow it's the scanner overexposing 6x4 prints and I'll need to work out how to make an adjustment there.