2711 / MP 1600 data corruption

thorrfoto

Dear fellow members, I am back again with another troublesome issue. The machine seems to loose its uniformity data without any intervention, and without warning. See the two attached scans of gray scale tests. Yes, the gray one is before. The "orange" one if after... http://savefile.com/projects/808669238

We tried replacing the RAM module on the MP1600's PC, but that did not help. Let me remind you that I have had a problem for quite a while with the calibrator, that refuses to do its job : it starts measuring, and at about halfway, stop and gives an error : 9016-01 MLVA radiation of light error. Even after deleting all data (Uniformity , Paper Gamma, Exposure), as was suggested by DaveS, I get the same error. Could all this be related ?  

Thanks for your ideas and comments

Thorrfoto

Are you sure its losing uniformity data........ That looks like a different problem to me.

Goes something like this....

You can fire up the machine and as long as you keep it busy... Absoultly NO IDLE TIME. it will print just fine. ... Let it sit for 5 minutes and it will make ALL prints look like the orange ones. BUT if you turn it off and let the printer cabinet cool off. (like overnight or at least 4 hours or so) Then it come back and makes good prints again..... Then you MLVA voltage PCB is toast. Its like a 600 dollar board from Noritsu. I can find the part number if this is what its doing.

Thanks for the reply, Retired. We are now trying and study your suggestion. It might be as you said. I checked the parts catalog as well as the service manual, but could not find out yet what PCB you are talking about. If you could give me the part number, I'd appreciate. I would then try and find out how hard it is to get to it... On a 27X1, nothing is,  as one mentioned already...

Regards, Thorr

Thanks for the reply, Retired. We are now trying and study your suggestion. It might be as you said. I checked the parts catalog as well as the service manual, but could not find out yet what PCB you are talking about. If you could give me the part number, I'd appreciate. I would then try and find out how hard it is to get to it... On a 27X1, nothing is,  as one mentioned already...

Regards, Thorr

The board # is J380167-01  It sits on top of the MLVA head and is the first board you see when you open the printer door and look behind the 3/4 inch round pivot bar the advance unit swings on. It's technical name is Drive Voltage PCB.

Think of the problem like this..... The board gets hot and then when it goes into sleep mode (resting between print runs) it cant wake back up cooling off.

We were able to run ours nonstop through about a five hour run. (yes thats a lot of prints) and it was all good. But when the magazine rewinds its like the PCB powers down and then.... When you print again it cant wake up or go to full voltage again. So you get really light and red prints. But only after the machine has been on for say an hour or more. So in my case it took a bit to heat up the board.

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys for not replying earlier, I was away and haven't seen these posts.

Indeed, that seems to be the problem, but I haven't tried replacing the board yet, due to lack of funds... Letting the machine idle for too long definitely does not help. If we keep it busy, everything works fine.

Regards

Thorr

• 2 weeks later...

the amount of radiation on the exposure head is small or large. The print is out of focus. I would try the following.

1) clean the calibrator sensor. sensor may be bad

2) Adjust the position of the calibrator.

3) Image processor PCB may be bad

4) Drive voltage PCB may be bad

5) Data output PCB may be bad

6) MLVA may be bad.

D&R Minilab Service Inc.

305-246-9098 Office

doug@minilabsales.com

http://minilabsales.com