6076 Polygon Mirror Control Error

Videoteks

I have a 3202PRO, and today I received the following error : 6076-Polygon Mirror Control Error Yesterday we moved our machine about 10 feet across the room, everything seemed to be fine but when we started up this morning.6076-Polygon Mirror Control Error Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks for your suggestions. I can't run self diagnosis because all data was initialized and it won't let me set up a paper magazine to run that test. I am going to check connections and fuse. Laser PCB is the board that sits directly over the laser that the AOM Drivers plug into is that right Dave S ?

OK fuses are OK. I unplugged each connection on the board and plugged it back in. Still same error'6076 Polygon Mirror Control Error'. I noticed 2 black, what appear to be fibre optic cables that run to the main power supply board at the back of the machine, I was told that these cables maybe the problem, because they were unplugged when we seperated and moved our machine. Does anyone know if this might be the case?

Why was all the data initialised?

Have you tried loading in the backup data?

If the fibre optic cables were not connected properly you would normally get ARCNET communication error Laser control.

The polygon mirror motor connects to J/P 1539 on the Laser I/O board, check this is connected properly. There should be 24V DC between pin 1 & 2 of this connector.

Go into input check mode, printer section, engine section, check the:-

Polygon mirror sensor.               It should read Synchronous.

Laser synchronous sensor        It should read Synchronous

Polygon mirror frequency         It should read 1380

Is the last part of the error number 6076 -0001 or -0002?

If the suffix number is 0002 it could well be a failure of one of the AOM drivers.

It could also be a failure of one of the laser power supplies, check all the voltages on the test points are correct.

Thanks Dave S for your help. I have checked the voltage across pins 1 and 2 on J/P 1539 and I get 23.5V and the error code is 6076-0002. The data was intitialized because Noritsu phone support told me to do it. I have read in old data, but I am still having the same problems. Every now and again I can a couple of set up prints out but I have never got past stage one of set-up.

Make sure the printer top cover is closed when you enter the input check mode.

Otherwise the reading will be inaccurate.

I think the off is referring to cover interlock switch position, this should show on with the cover closed.

Check the cover is closing properly.

Also check the B & G light source status.

Try resetting the power, and checking the input check mode again.

It would seem the polygon mirror is either not spinning, or the machine is thinking the polygon mirror is not spinning, or the synchronous sensor is not detecting one or more of the laser beams.

One last thing you can try is swapping the green AOM driver for the red one, if you then get synchronous sensor error the green AOM driver is faulty.

Do the same for the blue AOM driver, again if you then get synchronous sensor error the blue AOM driver is faulty.

I fear that the fault is due to a problem from within the laser unit itself.

Probably the polygon motor, or the synchronous sensor. Which means a new laser unit.

Only other thoughts are software related problems, due to virus etc, unlikely, but worth considering.

Dave S. I hope you are still following this thread. I swapped the Blue AOM which is giving me the good reading 1380 - Synchronous, for the Green AOM which is the one giving me bad reading. After this exchange the Green was Good 1380 - Synchronous and the Blue was bad. Does this now mean that the Polygon Mirror Control Error, could be caused by a bad AOM?

It could well be caused by a faulty AOM driver.

The machine only checks the red laser is operating via the synchronous sensor that is why I suggested swapping the red AOM driver with both the blue and green AOM drivers.

I would expect the machine to give you a synchronous sensor error message, if the faulty AOM driver is in the red position.