QSF-V30SM Odd Problems

eLement

How's it going everyone?  I'm a person who simply works in the photolab, not the person who repairs it.  Our 'tech' is officially stumped and has no idea what's causing the problem.

I'll start off by saying this machine was supposedly refurbished by Crown, and what a job they did.  This machine has not worked 100% since installation a few weeks ago.  When you first turn the machine on, you get this message:

< 057 >

EE-PROM DATA ERROR
INITIALIZE DATA
                   ( N )

So, all you can press is 'No', and it goes on its way with the start-up procedure.  Now, the start-up procedure is not bug-free either.  

The Auto Water Refilling process cannot complete. It sits there trying to refill CD.  Our tech said:

When the machine tells the developer pump to turn on, the bleach pump turns on.  And when the machine tells the bleach pump to turn on, the bleach pump turns on as well

Going by that, I'd have to say the machine is a sick film processor

When it tells you to run the leader card in the start-up procedure, it does not always realize the loading cover is open.  So you have to close and open it once or twice for it to realize.

The tech has tried to change two control boards (I personally do now know which ones) and now today I got a phone call (waking me up because I was sleeping in for once) to tell me we have a lab down situation due to some type of chemistry issue.  Well, one of the control boards was just replaced by the tech last evening (and it did not fix the issue) and I ran film afterwards.  So now, we have some type of problem with the chemistry.  Let's just say this machine is nice, because replacing SM chemicals is a cleaner process...but this machine has been a headache from day 1 due to it not operating correctly.

Can anyone verify if the EE-PROM DATA ERROR is somehow related to our pumps not working correctly?  I'm trying to do some research and push our tech in the correct direction.

Thank you, beforehand, for any help you can offer,

Tim Heckman

Make sure the correct main software has been loaded; the SM machines use different software to the non SM machines.

I would say the pumps have been either incorrectly wired up, or the wrong pipes have been connected to the wrong pump!

Check the rep pumps in output check mode; to make sure they correspond to the what is on the screen. I.E when you select CD-A the CD-A pump operates.

If it is only showing CD, BL, Fix & STB, the wrong software has been loaded, or the wrong process spec has been set.

The problem with the loading cover is normally just a poor connection to the cover sensor.

The EE-Prom data error normally means the EE-Prom chip is faulty; replace the main control PCB (J340033). Make sure both DS1 dip switches are set to on. The main system software must be loaded into the new control board.

Check that the tank extraction fan is operating (it is next to the dryer rack plastic cover) as if this fails, condensation gets into the loading box and causes problems with the sensors.

Make sure the correct main software has been loaded; the SM machines use different software to the non SM machines.

I would say the pumps have been either incorrectly wired up, or the wrong pipes have been connected to the wrong pump!

Check the rep pumps in output check mode; to make sure they correspond to the what is on the screen. I.E when you select CD-A the CD-A pump operates.

If it is only showing CD, BL, Fix & STB, the wrong software has been loaded, or the wrong process spec has been set.

The problem with the loading cover is normally just a poor connection to the cover sensor.

The EE-Prom data error normally means the EE-Prom chip is faulty; replace the main control PCB (J340033). Make sure both DS1 dip switches are set to on. The main system software must be loaded into the new control board.

Check that the tank extraction fan is operating (it is next to the dryer rack plastic cover) as if this fails, condensation gets into the loading box and causes problems with the sensors.

Yeah, we received new software when we got the one new control board in and he said it did not fix the issue.  I could understand the wiring being wrong. The piping issue, seems to not fit.  Only because the bleach pump turns on when developer is switched on, and bleach turns on when bleach is on.  I could be wrong.

I'll have to see if I can get into the configurations, I believe they have it passworded.

I can deal with the poor connection to the sensor, as it's not a fatal issue.

I'll probably print your explanation of the EE-PROM error out, for the tech to see, as I'm not a person who works on the machine so I don't know which part is which.  I suppose, seeing as I'm studying electrical engineering, if I got my hands on the block diagrams I could figure some stuff out.

I'll take a look at the fan at my earliest convenience.

Quick question:  When we're running the Autio Water Refilling process, should the list of of things its refilling be the same as our old machine?  Our old machine was the bigger version of this one, Non-SM so we had to pour the chemicals into the tanks at the bottom.  If the list shouldn't be the same, then it seems the incorrect software was installed or not setup correctly.

As always Dave you are a huge help, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks again,

Tim

The number of water refilling pumps should be the same as on your previous non SM machine.

There should be 1 pump for each tank. CD, BL, Fix1, Fix2, STB1, STB2 & STB3.

The password is +-+- if you go into the replenisher settings you should have a separate settings for CD-A, CD-B etc, if you only have 1 setting for the CD, the machine does not have the SM version of the software loaded.