2901  uniformity problem

tj

Hi

I 'm oprating noritsu QSS 2901 and I've got 8mm width  low density line show up  from leading end to tailing end on my 12x18 print.

Noritsu tech installed calibrate relay PCB,data out PCB,drive voltage PCB and pre-amp PCB.and final decesion was need MLVA head replace.

And Now I need a new or used MLVA head.

Anyone has it or any other good idea to solve the problem?

Thanks. :( :(

My friend, Nothing wrong with your 2901. It is just need a professional setup. or start from the scratch. no need to replace MLVA head for sure. If you know how to and what to do after replacing a new/used MLVA head, just do those steps with youe existing head and I am more than sure your problem will fixed.

Good Luck.

I think he talks about doing a mlva data initiliaztion, this will clear the Uniformity data, which controll the uniformity of your prints, I have had a similar problem with low density lines on prints, I entered service mode, and initialized the mlva data, then run a setup on all papers & magazines again (will take some time, i used half a day apx to get it back up with all papers correct and some fiddelig), but i fixed the low density problem.

But now i got a weak line on all prints which appears as very thin lines, easiest to spot in bright areas, and these lines are from a defective mlva head according to our tech guy, but with a replacement cost of apx. 10 000-12 000$ according to him, we have decided to live with it for now, as no customers has seen/complained about this yet, it's pretty hard to spot if you dont know where to look..

If my memory serves correct, after  MLVA data intialisation you might need to recover by executing an MLVA set-up  using  the old Astra 4400 flatbed scanner (which came with the QSS29. although any scanner will  do  the job probably. This proceedure is not unlike that used in principle for the MP1600.....It is documented but I don't have a copy or Service Manual reference. This may have been issued as a Supplementary Technical Bulletin.

Anyone confirm this please?

Thats right, there is a long and complex set up procedure using a flat bed scanner.

In this case though, the width of the problem is an issue, the 8mm width may relate to a set of LED's and this is some sort of internal problem in the head and cannot be fixed on site.

Certainly worth doing the flat bed stuff and swapping over the key PCB's as well as the MLVA head is not cheap. Try everything and anything!

RESPECTED SIR,

PLEASE ONE TRY A UNIFORMITY COMPLITED AND DAILY SET UP`S GAMA TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN 4,5 TIME AFTER

THE RESULT IS GOOD,GOOD,GOOD... AND TEST AGAIN GAMA ONELY 4, 5 TIMES SO THIS LINING ARE GOINGS

REGARDS

RUSHI

If you look at the emitting led's (with a small mirror) at the point where they would actually expose the paper you will see two or three rows of led's. Where your 8mm line is, there will only be one or two. I don't think any form of uniformity adjustment can fix the problem, it is a physical problem within the MLVA head itself.

These heads are fixed and refurbished in Japan, in fact as no new ones are being made, that is probably the only source.

By the way they were originally developed and made by Konica.

I'd displayed sample print and you say not theeMLVA head problem.

I'm glad to hear that "SURE" , And sound like encourage me again.

What can I do ?

What do  I need to solve  this kind of problem .

I think I need your help.

If I could fix this problem...

Thanks.