QSS 3011 Film Gate Problems

willbb123

I just came into work and was told that our QSS 3011SM DLS machine is having problems. The film gate is not locking back into the 35mm slot. It slides all the way over but the lever will not lock down. If I slide it over to the 35mm slot and press the little white sensor button it will initilize. Any help would be great. I called kodak but the tech is being a jerk

Does it lock ok in the 240 position?

If it does, remove the 3 Allen key screws that hold on the cover (in holes underneath the mask) and check the cables etc are not stopping the lane from sliding fully back.

There may be a trapped screw or something lodged somewhere.

Does it lock ok in the 240 position?

If it does, remove the 3 Allen key screws that hold on the cover (in holes underneath the mask) and check the cables etc are not stopping the lane from sliding fully back.

There may be a trapped screw or something lodged somewhere.

I opened it up and there is nothing blocking it. It moves the entire way. I can see where the bolt would go down into the hole to lock it into position. the bolt just does not go all the way down into the hole to touch the sensor.

Thanks for all your help I was able to figure out the problem after looking at it for about an hour... The metal part that the lock bolt comes down into somehow got pushed up so the bolt could not go all the way down to hit the sensor. I pushed it back into place and now it works!

I also called the kodak help line to cancel the call and to leave a complaint about the tech.

Thanks everyone, this forum is amazing!