Help me connect QSS 2611 D4 to PC

albmuslim

Hi everyone!

Recently I decided to open a photostudio and bought a refurbished Noritsu QSS 2611 D4. I got EZ Mall version 2.1 and a SCSI card AHA 2940 U/UW. After installing aspi drivers, I installed EZ Mall in Windows XP and tried to connect my state-of-art PC to QSS 2611, but failed to connect it. I tried a lot of things, using different configurations, installing and uninstalling the software many times. I am in a very desperate condition and I ask everyone to help me connect the printer processor to my PC.

Maybe the SCSI card is not suitable for this. I read in forums that AHA 2940 is OK. Let me know as soon as you can.

Best regards

albmuslim

from Albania

Thanks Dave!

I followed some of your previous postings about the same problem. Everything is OK. It was a matter of input device in EZ Mall. Now it prints digital quality photos, but it takes less than a minute per photo. Is there any solution to enhance its printing speed? Maybe using specific softwares.

As for EZ Mall it flies on Windows XP without problems.

Upgrade your Windows OS to XP to improve your life.

Hi friends!

You are right! Thank you for your sincere advises! When I bought my QSS 2611 D4, I thought to use it for 2-3 years and to buy a fully digital one.

Another question: Is it possible to print 20 x 30 cm digital photos using EZ Mall on a QSS 2611 D4 with VFP 4". I tried without results. Tell me what to do, if possible.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

EZmall works only with OS WIN 98 If you want to use XP I heard you need a patch or XP

Search the internet. try type XP for Ezmall or XP patch for Ezmall.

EZmall VFP4 is good only up to passport size 24x36cm and for index print.

VFP8 is fair quality for 4R . The printing speed for digital is rather slow. Forget about using VFP8

for digital print ( waste of money to purchase one )

As for digital carrier- 2611 is slow with any digital carrier as the disign of 2611 is such.

Fuji machine, I understand, run faster with China Digital Carrier.

For 2611 with a China Carrier you get about 75 prints/hour. The quality is ok

though you can adjust the carrier to sharpen it ( Needs skill and time - done manually

I hope this helps

Ande

EZmall works only with OS WIN 98 If you want to use XP I heard you need a patch or XP

Search the internet. try type XP for Ezmall or XP patch for Ezmall.

EZmall VFP4 is good only up to passport size 24x36cm and for index print.

VFP8 is fair quality for 4R . The printing speed for digital is rather slow. Forget about using VFP8

for digital print ( waste of money to purchase one )

As for digital carrier- 2611 is slow with any digital carrier as the design of 2611 is such.

Fuji machine, I understand, run faster with China Digital Carrier.

For 2611 with a China Carrier you get about 75 prints/hour. The quality is ok

though you can adjust the carrier to sharpen it ( Needs skill and time - done manually

I hope this helps

Ande

well Guys!

I got done my job. VFP4, EZMall 2.2 working fine in windows 2000 and XP and quality is very near to laser prints, much better than china made carrier.  AUX2 was there only but I was missing it while doing setting AUX channels.