Paper jam in a 1600

Retired

Anyone ever had this happen? I can run 3.5x5 and 4x5 and 4x6 from 4 and 5 inch mags with no problem. Kickin 1000 out at once. But if I run a 3.5 inch advance on 10in paper (half unit of wallets) and I run more than about 3 or 4 sheets I get a jam in the bottom (number 1) advance unit. It doesn't jam if I keep the number short 3 4 or 5 maybe. But If I run 10 in a row.....St happenin'

I'm not sure why this happens. I don't think the belts could be at fault yet the paper is overlaped when I clear the jam.

I think you can slightly adjust the shafts with the white rollers on.

Just loosen the screws each end and move the shaft a bit closer towards the centre of the unit.

Basically you should not be able to twist the print when it is held in-between the belts.

sorry, I misread your problem thinking it was in the wet section.  I also had an experience similar to yours.  There would be a short strip of paper sitting crooked on the rollers at the front of sec 2.  I found a sliver of paper in the advance area causing the jam.  This was happening with uniformity strips on 10" paper and didn't effect longer advances or 5" wide paper.

That motor is a stepper... it can run locked rotor all day and not burn out.... 8) (probly the only reason it hasn't yet.) :D

Funny how i've had this thing as long as I have and i never noticed that it only drives the bottom belts. The top ones only run from friction. (spinning1)