New 2901 upgrade problems

infocus

We have installed a new m/b, cpu, hdd in our 2901. the problem we are having is that when qss starts, we get error 69000-0001 main control system error. we clear that, and then when it gets to the software upgrade screen 3071-00 it says "one moment please"...half an hour later it is still the same. Is there any way of telling of progress, or lack of progress? We're ready to put all the old stuff back in so we're not down tomorrow.

asus m2n SLIdelux m/b     amd  6400 dual core cpu     80gig hdd..

I forgot to mention that with the new motherboard, when we installed the software and drivers that came with it, there are three conflicts....1) network controller  2) Other pci bridge device  

3) pci device.... would these conflicts keep the qss software from properly installing? Would my new m/b be shot right from the box?

Some folks have said they turned off the dual core? Some said it happened by default from some other setting so some may not even realize it was/is running in single core mode????... Just a thought

You also probably need to make sure the LVDS board is in a PCI slot not a PCI X slot. I cant tell at first glance if the board you have has PCI X slots or not.

The first, When your install software, you must to restart PC and when PC starts again they will found drivers for hardware(LVDS and ARC-NET), when drivers installed you will see yellow simbol '?' near LVDS and ARC-NET in hardware manager - it's normal. And the second you must have CPU with ONE core, i tried change to core 2 duo or enable hiper theading(differend CPU's) and i was resiving same result(does,t scan). Don't know what about AMD CPU, may be software work with it without problems(about "the second"),

O.K, Thanks guys...I think I'm going to do the easy thing and purchase an upgrade kit that a guy on here builds...I trust him completely, and that way everything will be matched to each other. He's built numerous of these kits, so I think that is the way to go for me. I'll keep my old PC-NRT-4a as a backup, and put the new upgrade in a new case, so I will always have a backup in case something happens.  

Thanks everybody

Brad & Tracey

are you running the same os as before ?

if so you mau want to try a program like -moveme

its a sytem transfer utility, but as well as moving all installed programss (without needing to reinstall them on the new machine) it also moves all drivers that are needed

you can download it from the internet and it only costs about

Thanks sureview....we tried that, but the older hdd somehow got corrupted when we tried to use it with the new motherboard. After that, it was toast. It was just a loaner from a friend and he said it was pretty old. We even tried to formatt it to use as a spare, but it wouldn't even formatt. I have no idea how it has worked for the past two months.

I installed the old m/b and cpu back into the case and managed to get it somewhat working for now...a few problems to clean up, but I'm hoping we can be up by Wednesday. Everything installed onto the new hdd, but the prints all look like they're 30 years old...There were problems with the arcnet drivers and the lvds drivers, but I was too tired from Sunday do much today. Our KPM's are working, just real crappy prints. Tracey will run all the setups tomorrow morning after I uninstall those two driver conflicts, reboot and reinstall K001. Apperently this will install the drivers properly...I hope.

Thanks very much for your help.

Brad