Error in Colorimeter 3300

Liz

At about the same time as our laser finally gave up the ghost (refer previous post) we were getting an error message 1029 regarding our colorimeter.  Started after Christmas.  Now we can't do a daily set up or emulsion change at all as it tells us "measurement failed try again".  Sigh.....  Any ideas people?  Thanks in anticipation.

1) reload you colorimeter data floppy; 2) See if you colorimeter measurement patch is changing yellow, if so you need a new patch + a floppy with it ; 3) of couse you can open up your colorimeter and do some internal cleaning, but you need to be very very very careful with those and may tiny different coloured round filters...You cannot put any one of those in wrong place....4) buy a colorimeter for replacement...Good luck !

if your machine is a 33XX series in the colorimeter you can make the setup for the mechanical advance. (make with your paper XXXXXX)

log you with service disk to the maintenance menu and go to the colorimeter unit adjustement =>f function =>paper test advance=>draw the first line on the paper at 15mn away fron the test paper edge,after make a seconde line at 240mn away fron the first posisition =>remove the colorimeter =>execute the test  via f function

insert the test paper with the first line into the colorimeter=>press yes/start =>the paper stop at the first line => here will be in the center of the hole if is not correct adjust him with -1/+1 after press yes start the test move to the second line make the same adjust it to center of the hole and press yes start and the paper move to the original position. when all is good press yes ok to registred the setup.

after make a new daily setup or emulsion setup

bye frenchman

Thanks for your replies.  I shall study them.  Another question.....does this have anything to do with the laser going down and is it a part of that problem or something completely different.  I only ask because Kodak will hit us big time in travelling and hours for our techie, first for the laser and now for this.  If it is part and parcel of the one problem, the laser, then????  I have recorded this problem with Kodak together with the original problem.  So, what do you think?

Some feedbak.  Colorimeter replaced.  Imagine my surprise  :o when techie produced a similar colorimeter to the one I have in my Spyder 2 package.  Except this one cost $4,000AU.   :o :o.  Appears this particular little hand held darling is especially formulated for Noritusu.  I'm sorry, is it raining in here!!!!!!  I dunno  :'(

Ah yes, I do, thank goodness, but we still get a hefty bill for labour and travelling as we live 2 hours from the closest techie.  Today all the card readers went down.  Machine seems to be falling apart :'(.  Got myself a $4,000 bill so far for what's been fixed.  Hope it pulls up soon.  But have saved myself over $30,00 by having a contract.