Crooked prints

infocus

Hi...about a month ago we started to notice that our 5x7 prints were coming out a bit crooked with a slight taper of white on one edge that should have been part of the print. It's kind of a pain in the butt, trimming 2mm off an edge. It seems that they are being fed crooked? It is now happening on every size we print, but just on the odd print, not every single one, maybe every second one or so...any idea of how we can fix this problem?

HOOOOOHAAAAA!  Here comes an elevator arm adjustment... No just kidding.. But you do need to adjust the centerline of the prints for one lane. Right or left which ever one is off. There is a procedure in the service manual for this. Page 3202 starts the Printer Mechanical Adjustment section. As this machine is new to you I would check over the whole section and get it set up good.

We use different mags for each size ans surface....we have 4", 6" & 12" mags set up in both matte and gloss. three of the mags are brand new.

I hace a service manual on CD, but it's a bugger to figure out what each icon is for  eg:   ENZ0196750INS_1 is Qss-net, moden setup......I have to go into each section and read the whole darn thing to see what's in it....Can anybody give me a shortcut hint to what "retired" is saying?

HOOOOOHAAAAA!  Here comes an elevator arm adjustment... No just kidding.. But you do need to adjust the centerline of the prints for one lane. Right or left which ever one is off. There is a procedure in the service manual for this. Page 3202 starts the Printer Mechanical Adjustment section. As this machine is new to you I would check over the whole section and get it set up good.

Retired is lucky enough to have a manual, If you can find the section on Printer Mechanical Adjustment on your cd, read it.

Then you MAY be able to take advantage of his knowlede of this machine and his good nature.

I usually find that these type of adjustments 'read' worse than 'do', but they have to be done precisely.

good luck!

If the prints are twisting/skewing this is normally because the gripper pins on each arm are dirty.

The easiest way to clean them is by sticking some double sided tape onto a print, then feed the print into the arm by hand, then turn the screw in a clockwise direction on the small motor to bring the gripper pins towards the print, do this several times on different parts of the tape, you will probably see the dirt left behind on the tape.