2711 DLS Help

Dave S

Hi there

Can anybody give me some help on a 2711 DLS?

The orders are not being processed in the WIP, (only gives half a green circle)

I have formatted the V drive (wip), deleted the files in c:/temp folder, changed the "max completed orders" number from 10 to 8, still no joy.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I really hope I don't have to recover the IPW :'(

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...

Did this problem go away? Mine has only been an intermittent problem. Restarting the IPW has cured it and sometimes the only cure is to resave the prints (assuming digital) on a different machine. And then running them on the IPW. I have NO idea why and have exhausted a lot of time as to what could be going on, and I'm still clueless.

Yes the problem went away on it’s own, after many DLS & MP-1600 restarts and general faffing around!

I’m guessing it’s a bug in the DLS/ NT-4 software somewhere, as it still happens sometimes.

One thing I did find is that some of the image filenames had characters that Windows does not usually use/ like (files were saved on a Mac). The same applies to foreign language characters. Safest to use characters 1-9 & A-Z!

It could also be something to do with EXIF info contained in the JPEG file.

Other than that I’m as clueless as you are on this!

It has happened on all my Mac computers at one time or another. Made me think Ethernet.

PC burnt disks from person X did it until he bought a different computer. But not uploads to my server. (MAC)

As of late the only time it occured was from a Mac OS 10.3.9 and it is a gigabit machine but only shows 100 hookup. ???

When this wild hair happens it will always happen on the same file. Like opening 10 at a time if watch the drive lights you can count the files. It will always stop on the same file. But that file has all the same properites as the rest. Same byte count in temp folder, same size file as it was on disk. ???

My conclusion is bug in DSL too. Cause I can't find a common factor at all. Wouldn't be a big deal if it could be cleared without a restart. I can't find any way to clear/kick it in the pants. :(

I have jacked up the front end (2.8 Zpro) and done ALL of the updates to windows and DLS.

Still clueless. :(

• 9 months later...