Which model you go for ?

AjantaKVS

Hello to All,

Suppose you want buy a Noritsu minilab for your new set up which model would likely to go, among 32 34 and 37 series? The reason behind the question is one of my friend wants to set up a new lab and he asked me to help in finalizing a machine among these series and just i want your feed back and comments on this.

Some of his needs he wanted are as follows:

Must be able to color correct in PJP mode & fire prints from three / four terminals.which in turn fed by third party      kiosks.

No need of film scanner of any sort and digital file printing only.

Must be able to print up to 12x36 size.

Color reproduction must  be managed through ICC profiles.

Any help, thoughts ,comments and experiences are well-come.

AjantaKVS

We have a 34 Pro and will be adding a 37 in the spring as well as a LPS24.  We also have 2 33 Pro's and Fujimoto SHP 5080.  The most important question for the your friend is his budgets.  There will be a machine in your listed range from 80-150K USD.  This for most is the deciding item.  Also is there a need to print in a certain time period, IE 1 hour orders?

• 4 weeks later...
We have a 34 Pro and will be adding a 37 in the spring as well as a LPS24.  We also have 2 33 Pro's and Fujimoto SHP 5080.  The most important question for the your friend is his budgets.  There will be a machine in your listed range from 80-150K USD.  This for most is the deciding item.  Also is there a need to print in a certain time period, IE 1 hour orders?

Hello,

Thank you for the feed back and we finally decided on 3412 model and shortly placing order( tomorrow) for it, 3412 is very much equal to your 34 pro ,the only difference is 3412 comes with a high speed film scanner, if my understanding is correct. Or do you know any other differences between the two?

Next what is your experiences and feed back on this machine as a user, which you like to share with us.I will be very great full  to you on any feed back.

And the funny part is that we not going for a film processor? so you wonder and ask "why the hell you need a film scanner in that case ?. Right?, well thats what the Noritsu here has got and they are saying that we are getting it at the price of 34 pro or slightly higher, Got to believe it !!  

The interesting thing is we almost finalized for 3702 but at the Nth moment we changed our mind with the reasoning that usually the new models are buggy and not sure of how reliable the machine is and also no field reports, though the new features are good on the paper and attractive. Known Devil is better than unknown God ! the saying goes here.

Thanks

AjantaKVS

• 2 weeks later...

The 34 Pro is without the scanner we only do Digital work.  It has been a great printer.  We haven't had issues with it.  We did purchase in the triple configuration with the 10" sorter rather than the 6" sorter.  I can't say enough good things about it, we actually just signed a contract for another 34 Pro Triple with a 10" sorter unit!  Went with this instead of the 3704/5 series to save money, and not deal with the interface changes, built in colorimeter and being stuck with Fuji 49 chemistry.