2901 upgrade problem

moffy

I have upgraded the motherboard on my 2901 to intel dual core processor type. All is going well except the scanner. It will run for a little while and then go off line giving an error 6900 main processor error after this you put a film in the mask and it just hangs. The problem seems to be with thw LVDS board. In the win2000 device manager the board is running fine. Could there be a conflict or IRQ problem? Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks for any help.

i have not dealt with this exact issue before.  however, i do know that when you install main system software on the 2901, there is a point in the installation where the individual components of the printer are "installed" such as the Image Processing PCB, Image correction PCB, Digital Ice PCB, scanner, etc.  You might have to reinstall the system software for it to recognize the new motherboard in the computer.   i am not sure what affect upgrading that motherboard has on the main system software...can anyone provide any additional information?  

Dear Moffy,

When you upgrade the system fo your PC from Original X86 System to multil core CPU,HT motherboard with Higher FSB,It often have the problem.Since the original QSS program has been written for Single core Processor.Hence when operating  the scanner you are subjected to get error main control system error....

Also your system may get hanged often.The problem is simply because of the software writing.Ofcourse some changes in the software can apply the system to work fine,As the case with us.

We have been upgrading the computer system for QSS2901 here the count has crossed 100 units.

Thanks for the help guys. I am running the CPU with RAM in only one slot so the bios defaults the system to running on single core. I guess you are correct about the FSU and processor being to much for the software. Can you assist with this or can you sell and upgraded unit to me in New Zealand. Thanks Moffy

In my opinion, the most important thing is that you have to uninstall 2 driver of LVDS and arcnet before you install QSS application. after restart, PC automatic install driver for two above Noritsu's cards. The second thing is HDD compatible with mainboard and scanner. it seem some error when LVDS card import data from scanner to CPU and write data to HDD. Some model HDD easy to accept and machine can work well. In case It can not work well, you can got main control error, some white or black print out while printing, in some case it's very difficult to feed negative into carrier.