abnormal print on 27mf-dls

lcd

pls. advise what is wrong on my system 27mf-dls. it's print out seem has a shadow duplicated. it make print out blur. But it is not a out of focus case due to it still has a part of print out is ok and just has abonrmal at a fixed position ( horizontally of MLVA head). Pls. help me. all your experience about this abnormal and MLVA principle are wellcomed.

sorry have don't look the first post  

your first and second print are exposed with light  ( not good for morning setup ). your print are not uniform. do you have any alarm ( please writte the number and sub numbers of alarm )

if i remember how work your machine ,the mlva move on a screew to start and end you have sensor     1) check and clean

2) do you remembe what's are the last uniformty setup/check of your mlva ??

3) Maybe it's time to change the lamp

My type of MLVA is type 1, machine type: type 2, load voltage PCB: type 2, This machine is just overhaulted, but HDD is ghosted from a normal-working machine and machine can print out without any error. I've not did uniformity as well as daily setup yet due to even I initialize all data, this still happen. It's seem fixed at indentified position. I've not try with other size, will update when print check on large size, but I think it's same. Lamps is new. About sensor frenchman mentioned, where that sensor? inside head? I think Mlva not moving, pls. advise. In my opinion, banding has stripes horizontally but when you print a line in some test print you can not regconise( in this case, you can see double lines horizontally while vertically is ok), uniformity has stripes vertically, So I confused this is a uniformity problem or not? Pls. advise.

i have not experiences to your machine i'm sorry , i know a little the 2921 DLS it's a very diffent machine with 2901 and the 2711 DLS .

in the 2921/MP1700/PP1216,if i remembe the mlva are calibrated by a motor and this motor move on great screew maybe it's him the problem .you can find the mlva initial data 1,2,3 ,because your machine not have any data memory of the mlva,it's like recent instaled a new mlva.  

frenchman

i'm very sorry for mi english!!!!

i'm very confuse but your machine run with noritsu qss software or kodak dls software ?

do you not have the initial data floppy disk ( the original, not a backup data ).

the backup do you have are making with your machine or it's a backup make with another machine.

you know it's very hasardous use ghost and backup file another/all setup,focus, and mechanical adjustement are diferent.

it's possible to reinstall the mlva or replace by another but you need a service manual for setup step by step

the HDD are the original or are coming to another machine?

frenchman

My machine use DLS, I have a initial data of another machine, use HDD, data, or only initial data from another machine. same problem. In the begining, it can print without abnormal line(duplicated line), after I clean the head, it become worse, after second cleaning and initialize all data, it print nothing- white all print. Found Drvie voltage PCB spoil, repair the PCB, still white - no any light emission out on MLVA head. Try replace new Drive voltage PCB today, will update to you. By the way, in case can not solved, i will open MLVA inside, does anyone has any experience inside MLVA head? Pls. advise. Thanks

Just a thought..... The two different kinds of MLVA heads. A 3 line and a 4 line (so I think) What if the drive voltage PCB is from the other type???? Could that cause the "extra lines" "double image"?

Somebody more hip to the two different heads and the drive boards feel free to chime in......

according service manual, you can select type of machine, drive voltage PCB, head type for working depend on part number, I checked and confirmed Drive voltage PCB type is correct: Type 2,While I confused mlva type: mlva head type: 1:(four line? - when I see direct to head, and on the head there is a green mark - type 2), but I tried with both case, same problem. FYI: with current setting, in the past, I can print normally

The Ghost image can only really be used to restore the OS.

The problem is all the data you are using is from another machine.

Each machine is slightly different, so the data from another machine will not necessarily be any good in your machine.

You need to load in any backup data you have for your particular machine.

I have to agree with Dave. Loading backup data from a machine other than your own is playing with fire. There are so masny differences with exposure units and other internal components that it is very unlikely that it will work.

Can you do a data initialisation? This would basically set the machine up from scratch, but you may need service access to some areas to do it correctly.

I know it sounds bad, but I think you are going to be going round in circles trying to get everything working without the right data in the first instance.

even I initialize data, that mean I use original data from factory for all head, it still has problem. Does it has any realtion with load voltage PCB? due to I replace a new Voltage drive PCB, do Load voltage, error 9005 - Auto gain error and 9000-load Voltage PCB error happen. Now print out are all blank - nothing print out.  I will touch inside MVLA today, will update to you later.

Dear LCD

As with me the basi construction with the MLVA head consists of PLZT shutter array,which are meant to open/block the light comming from the RGB fiter, bia 4000 odd fibre optic cables.

Now the movement of the PLZT shutter array is electronically controlled by the LOAD VOLTAGE and data  Board(located inside the MLVA). The movement of the shutter i.e. blocking and unblocking of the array is synchronised with the Rotation of the RGB Filter.

Now to focus the light incidenty through the PLZT array we have self focus micro lens(Which is the only visible as small DOTS like structure displaying 2/4 horizontal lines

What i meant is the problem you are facing must be with the Micro lens or else the DATA PCB located inside the MLVA.

Also least doubted is the LOAD VOLTAGE PCB as well.

Be careful while opening the MLVA since the the PLZT array is the vital part of the UNIT a slight blow of the Air form the nose also can cause the a single/multiple  shutter/s to dislocate from its original position.

Thanks Rashty007,

I've tried to replace Load Voltage PCB, but again, 2 transistors on this pcb spoiled. I check any shortage on Minolta BPC-Data PCB inside MLVA head- but no any shortage. I will try to test filter wheel PCB today on 2901, But how to indentify which PCB is spoil? VOAD VOLTAGE, Micro lens array or DATA PCB located inside the MLVA-Minolta branch- spoil), ANY TEST POINT ON pcb or ANY TESTING COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER NORITSU MODEL? Pls. advise due to this machine is only one in my country- VietNam

Who can repair MLVA head?Price?

Dear LCD,

there are the methods through which you can check your mlva.By swapping your faulty PCBs in the MLVA of some other machine,else getting okay pcbs for the same and installing the same in your minilab,

We have a whole 27-series minilab for this particular testing purpose, If you wish we could confirm to your problems.

But for that you need to come down to India.

At the same time you can get any required faulty part from the mlva from us.

my contact is fotoworld@rediffmail.com