QSF-V30 password needed

kourt

OK. Is the password peculiar to the v30, as I need only access the menus to re-set all the rates and do a manual replenishment ? I have a V50.

While on the subject, every now and then I get a fault on my bleach pump, only on startup (comes up as a refilling fault),

levells seem fine, turn it off & back on, runs no problem. Is this a sign that the pump is failing, or a sensor ? Float sensor seems to work, I get a 'click' when depressing the float, and pump works.

Just another ghost in the machine, or a sign of something on the way out?

The password is the same for all the V series.

You may have to press yes key, after entering the + - + - password.

For the refilling error, check the top of the float switch is not covered in crystals preventing it from lifting up fully. There are 2 sensors in the float switch, the lower sensor checks there is actually solution in the tank, the upper sensor checks if the level is slightly low.

Check in input check that the BL refill level shows on, when the level is fully topped up.

Also check the silly things like the water pipe is in the correct tank!

Stranger and stranger. I wonder why I need no password........

The password can be deactivated by switching on a dip switch.

I deactivated the password for every machine that I installed, as it really wasn’t necessary and saved the customer grief long term.

You can check the BL water refilling pump is working ok in output check.

• 5 months later...

Just a quick catchup.

After checking and calibrating the output of all pumps, double checking rep. rates (with up to date techie data from Fuji Hunt), this machine has performed faultlessly.

I am about to give it a good clean, and I am getting more and more requests for cross processing.

Anyone done cross processing with one of these (or similar), and have any advice on chemical care?

Ok. Thanks guys, yes it is E6 via c41. So far only done a handfull of 120's, and just rep'd manualy x2 per roll as I seem to remember from the distant past that cross processing exhausts the chemicals more than standard c41. I'm afraid my chemical monitoring is purely visual. unsatisfactory I know, which methods do you use? specific gravity or ph. or both?

I posed the question of cross processing because I have been avoiding it generaly, but I had an enquiry for around 30 rolls the other day. To much work to turn away. :o

Given the low volumes of film that I do now, I only run control strips once or twice a week, and I think even that is excessive, given the sort of films I seem to be doing now. ( disposable cameras, 10 year old films etc.) It always seems to be in control though, and my Noritsu 430 just keeps going  :)

The only problem I had recently was when a film was "eaten" by the  dryer when it decided to wrap itself around the squeegee roller. Managed to extract it without any damage, it was a very old , curly film, which is why it happened.

I was thinking of stoping doing films altogether next year, but lately more films have been coming in, so maybe not. :-/

Well I guesse I better get some controll strips !

Talking old film, I d&p'd xmas '98 yesterday. I panicked when it came out of the processor, but when it's mate was normal, it subsided. Printing was fun, the film was 'pacific', never seen one before and had assumed cheap and nasty, but it gave me recognizable images, even if in strange hues.

Oh yes, spot on Neil. Some people thought me mad when I got the v50, but it's tanks are about a third the size of the old Hope we were running (trying to), and the rep pumps needed replacement, which as you can imagine realy wasn't worth it.

The v50 has been quite bussy over the summer(?), and film density checks have sufficed (I take about 10 fims a week myself - they allways go first), but with darkness looming quantities will drop. Process controll strips on the way.

A local pound shop has been selling re-loaded disposable cameras, at

I must admit I have not being doing control strips much lately (I'm also on a V50) but I am still rather particular about cleaning the machine out and keeping up with maintenance,  I also visually check every film as it comes our and if the density looks to be failing a bit I manually add some developer.

We do the occasional control strip but our lab has a system where we snail mail it somewhere and a week or so later we get a report mailed back with any chemical levels that should be topped up etc.  With such a slow response time my visual intuition seems to work out to be a bit more effective.

We average about 8 films a day in the quiet months and 16 in the busy months these days, as I manually correct all photos from film I can get a fairly good print from most negatives, even if the machine has had somthing of a drop in developer levels as when that happens I typically boost the overall contrast a bit and the shadow contrast a bit more.

Of course I do my best to prevent the developer going that way, it gets maintenance priority over the paper developer always as you can always do a reprint but there's no redeveloping a film.  There was of course the incident where the size of our developer concentrate bottles was changed without any word from the supplier, leaving people filling the machine with one bottle of dev to 6 litres of water instead of the new ratio of one bottle to 3 litres.....

I don't feel to bad now, Ben, I'm glad someone else also uses visual checks ! You are of course quite correct about the clenliness/ maintenance of the processor. I started off calibrating my pumps weekly (which is considerably less that Noritsu's recommendations), but now do it fortnightly, and as that is showing little deviation I wonder if monthly is sufficient.

That could have caught a lot of people out (new dev. concentrate), was it a sneaky price hike ?