qss 2921 or 2901 which one is better

godar

One is a DLS software machine. And the other is Noritsu software. Some love DLS some hate it. I have operated BOTH and found myself MORE productive on the DLS machine. But I think DLS software is the greatest thing to happen to our industry since film was invented too. So I maybe biased. But that doesn't change the fact that Igot more done on a DLS in the same amount of time.

• 2 weeks later...

QSS2921 and a 2901 have  the same exposure engine the difference is the software and the PC power. Dls software is very heavy on PC power so has a bigger CPU and more memory. The 2901 with Noritsu software runs with a smaller PC depending on the specifications, You can normally run the 2921 with Noritsu software and get the benefits of more power.

Are you sure you can run Noritsu software on 2921?

The 2921 does not have a Noritsu scanner, I believe it uses a Kodak 1640/1650 or similar scanner as used on a 2711/2721 series. See the below picture.

I think you are getting mixed up with the 3011DLS which is basically the same machine as a Noritsu 3011 but uses DLS software instead of Noritsu software.