Paper Magazine question

jpwrangling1

One of our 4" paper magazines seems to be acting up lately.  When it gets to about 1" of paper left  on the spool the machine (MP-1600) screams that the paper is out.  You can hit the yes and no keys to acknowledge the message and it starts to reprint until the magazing empty message comes up again.  All the other magazines we have print until they are completely empty.  Has anyone had this problem?  Is it something mechanical inside the magazine?  It's not truely stopping production, but the problem is very annoying.  Thanks in advance for your input!

Don't know. My magazines are all different. some empty completely, others leave up to 12"(inches). Personaly it is to little waste to worry about. probably waste more paper on a difficult emulsion change. Nevertheless, an interesting question. could be down to a variable lenth in paper roll, initial chanell setup, or something else completely bisare (air temp, air pressure, whether the month has an 'e' in it).

anyone know for sure?

Make sure the magazine is a snug fit on to the machine, often the guides work loose making the magazines move within the guides.

Clean the rubber rollers on the exit of the magazine.

Check the code sensor plate is not bent/ damaged.

Try swapping the centre core from another magazine to see if that is the cause of the problem.

There is actually quite a lot of gears clutches etc on these magazines than can cause problems due to wear.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is kinda weird.... The paper out sensor is just below the paper mag deck........

Technically speaking, the magazine has nothing to do with a paper out condition.

Are you sure it's not a "can not advance paper from mag" error?

Does the paper load light go out?

The only problem I have had with 2301 mags is the light trap door stops moving well and causes the above error. The arm that moves the door back and forth needs to be replaced. As it will not retract the door the proper distance/open amount and causes the paper to jam.

Hello,

You are telling it gives a message when paper remaining is about 1" and continues to print after acknowledging the error by pressing 'yes' or 'no' key, my question is how can it  continue print with 1" of paper left and how many prints it can make with 1"  length of paper or is it my understanding of the problem is wrong?.

KVS

Hello,

You are telling it gives a message when paper remaining is about 1" and continues to print after acknowledging the error by pressing 'yes' or 'no' key, my question is how can it  continue print with 1" of paper left and how many prints it can make with 1"  length of paper or is it my understanding of the problem is wrong?.

KVS

He means the diameter of 1"  not the length. :)