Questions on profiling a digital lab

mcpix

My new Noritsu 3501 will be delivered in 2 weeks and I was wondering about profiles for it.

This is my first real digital machine (we've been using a D-Carrier) and I want to get the best prints possible from it. We'll be using it for retail work and output for our studio.

Currently we're using a Pictrography 4000 for our studio work and when we had a custom profile made for it, the difference was amazing. What we see is what we get, and we have almost no waste on our portrait work. I want the same results from my 3501. Plus, I'm going after the "Pro" crowd in our area, so I need to have a machine that will give me consistent color.

The one problem with a custom profile is that you would have to convert your customers files before printing, unless there is a way to change the machine's internal profile.

What's the best way to handle this?

-Max

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Max most of the new Noritsu can read profiles and print accordingly. No conversion necessary. You have to activate the option in Operator selections your engineer should be able to point you in the right direction

Hi Tash, can you be little specific which new models of Noritsu can read custom ICC profiles and where do we set it and activate it.

My new Noritsu 3501 will be delivered in 2 weeks and I was wondering about profiles for it.

This is my first real digital machine (we've been using a D-Carrier) and I want to get the best prints possible from it. We'll be using it for retail work and output for our studio.

Currently we're using a Pictrography 4000 for our studio work and when we had a custom profile made for it, the difference was amazing. What we see is what we get, and we have almost no waste on our portrait work. I want the same results from my 3501. Plus, I'm going after the "Pro" crowd in our area, so I need to have a machine that will give me consistent color.

The one problem with a custom profile is that you would have to convert your customers files before printing, unless there is a way to change the machine's internal profile.

What's the best way to handle this?

-Max

Hi Max, I wish you all the best with your brand new 3501 and you have made a very good selection and hope you enjoy a lot working with your new baby and also make good money out of it.

By the way, how do prepare your custom ICC profiles, do you use some third party "h/w and s/w "profile making solution like "-rite i1 pro" or get it done from third party profile making company, if you do it on your own what type of test target do you use, like how many color patches the test target will have, please let me know,as i am also interested in making my own custom profiles for my Noritsu systems