MP 1600 arm adjustments

SThetford

Hi Folks,  I am new to the forum and excited to find your group.  

I have been reading about the need to adjust the arms on the 1600 on a ragular basis.   I am having skewing problems that are irratic and even some image centered problems.  After changing to the new design arms we continued to have problems but the software was able to make the skewing tolerable.  This past week we are having an unacceptable print about every 10 images were it is skewed 30 degrees and off center.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the arms or where to get the service information for this machine?

Hi Retired,

Thanks for trying to help.

First we are using the center lane even on the 5" paper.  The problem is irratic.  All paper sizes will skew from time to time.  It seems to be worse with 5" and 8" in.  11" and 12" is not to bad.  It does not seem to matter what print in the order it is and there is no pattern that we can detect.  Today, when it started skewing it did it on every print intill all of that size has run and has also started moving the image down on the paper about 1". We are a pro studio and not one hour so when the machine prints a customer's order it will often print on all papers with in a few minutes.  It has also started leaving the paper sitting on top of the exposure advance rollers and not pulling it down infront of the head for a paper jam alarm.  

I was advised to clean the arm pins by putting double stick tape on a sheet of paper and operating the pins through the output check in software, which I have done.  The paper seams secure when you clamp down on it through output check.

I do have the new style arms with three adjustable pins per side

Ok Center lane changes a few things. First could this be setteling into a tile floor. How long has the machine been in THIS ONE place? I think you might have two problems. The paper stalling might be the arms are not over the print head any more. This adjustment is done by moving the levelers at the front of the machine. Don't go jacking them until you have the book on the procedure. Why don't you run both lanes? What would happen if you did? Do you have any adjustments in the arms now? (machine corrections) Don't forget every mag and A & B positions have their own corrections. A plus on one side and a minus on the other is a NO NO. Do you have a DLS or 2701? (so I can get you the right pages in the right book) Did you get my PM?

SKEWING OF PRINTS SEEMS TO BE BE NORMAL PROBLEM WITH 2701. EVEN I AM TIRED OF WORKING WITH 2701 , I HAVE LOST MY MOST OF BUSSINESS BECAUSE OF SKEWING PROBLEM. IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN FIXED ARM IN ONE POSITION AS WE ONLY USE 12 INCHES PAPER. I HAVE CHANGED PINS MANY TIMES BUT OF NO USE.

Can you run any other size to see if it skews too? If you are skewing 12 inch paper only........The paper might be running into the side of the machine. This is cured by releveling the front of the machine. It's not a complex procedure but it is UNwritten in any manuals too.