Noritsu SI-2000 Scanner Need help

Hi Friends, I just baought a Noritsu Scanner SI-2000 for my stand alone MP-1600. Does any body know what specification should I need for the PC to hook up this scanner. I know I need a PCI card to hook up this scanner, What is that card? what driver I may need.

An early response will be highly appreciated.

Regards

I think the SI 2000 is the front end scanner for a 2701. If this is so, Then it problably only works with Noritsu software. I can't say what the interface card is but a 1080 uses a proprietary SCSI card. My guess is it's the same card flashed with different firmware. But......I have never seen a 2701 scanner card either.

Anyone wantta send me a picture of it? Mine has a sticker that says DLS. Like something they put on the card after they flash it. No other numbers/part # is on the card. That's what makes me think same card different firmware.

1080 scanners are also useless without the factory setup file. Don't know if this is the case with 2000's. Noritsu had mine on file so I got a copy from them.

I doubt that helped much but.....tis all I know.

Dear Retired,

Thnaks for your reply. SI-2000 scanner is not a SCSI. It is working on a different I/O Card but I don't know what is that card. I know Kodak is supplying an IBM computer for this Scanner but I did not get that PC with Scanner.

I will parreciate if someone knows the specification of the Pc. and I also want to know if it can work with MP1600 stand alone Printer.  

• 1 month later...

No Dave It is not true. SI 2000 has to be connect with an external PC . LVDS card is different and LVDS is connected with Image processor board of MP1600/2701/2711.

I/O PCB is manutactured for Kodak.

The Si-2000 has 2 PC's inside it. (well it did when it left the Noritsu factory in Japan)

The LVDS cable connects from the image capture PCB in the Si-2000 directly to the image input PCB on the MP-1600.

The Ethernet cable connects from a hub in the Si-2000 directly to an Ethernet card on the MP-1600.

The machine is known as a 2701.

See the diagrams below for confirmation.

Kodak may have made a special I/O PCB to interface the Si-2000 to a PC, but the original spec Noritsu machine connected the Si-2000 directly to the MP-1600 as stated on my first post.

So my friend it is true!

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for your help and clarification. It seems that you have service manual for MP1600. Can you please offer me a copy of this?

regards

• 4 weeks later...

well I got Service Manual from Noritsu. SI 2000 can not be plugged directly to MP 1600. It need a computer with LVDS Card, I/O Card for Scanner and A SCSI Card for flat bed scanner. Noritsu don't provide SCSI and I/O card but I got LVDS Card . Can I use Adpatec AHA 2930U2W card for SI-2000?  

• 3 weeks later...

hey why dont u connect ur scanner with a pc and then connect tat pc to ur printing machine.i have a packon scanner tat i have connected to my desktop n then tat pc i have connected to my mp 1600 pc via net connection.keep in mind u must log in to ur pc as administrator and ur computer name shd be RD12.

• 3 weeks later...