Templates

DaveAshton

HELP!!

Does anyone know How to get a type layer on a noritsu template to stay see through. I am trying to get PROOF written through the centre of some modelling shots. When I set up the template in Photoshop I reduce the opacity of the layer to make it see through. However when I use it as a template on the noritsu 30 it fills in white?????? ??)

Don't know if this is of any help but it's worth a try.  We have a Fuji Frontier that we can set templates up on similarly in Photoshop.  In our system the template software treats any area of the image with an RGB value of 0,0,0 (that's to say absolute black) as transparent. An area with just a 1 value in any of the RGB coordinates wil be printed as black.

The relevance of all this is that if you type the word 'PROOF' in a largeish font size and Fill it with black (RGB 0,0,0) and then Stroke the characters with say a 2 pixel white value (RGB 255,255,255), on our system the template software would print a transparent word PROOF with a white border. Voila!

• 1 year later...
Neil, I think I've sussed it mate. Thanks Anyway! Speak to you on the Web thing early next week! I won't get chance until then as we are busy at long last !!!!! ;D

Hey Dave, having the same template problem. How did you "suss" it out? It's 2.30am here down under and have tried everything to get the writing on the template to print transparent. AAAAAARRRGGGHHHH I'm going home!! :X

Can't wait to see how its fixed!!

Cruiser,

In the end I recorded an action in photoshop which watermarks the image flattens it then saves a copy of the file on the network for printing. So I didn't so much suss it as find another way to do it. Good way of zipping through a load of images. If you leave the text as a psd as templates are, the noritsu will just ignore the opacity settings of your text. Unless anyone else knows differently?? But with all the messing around you have to do with the templates. Setting up actions in photoshop as we do is probably quicker regardless. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Dave

Hi Dave

Can you talk me through exactly how you did this in Photoshop?? So far I have been putting my company name and proof along each edge (because it isn't transparent) and also a Red Cross (as in St George's) to cross in the centre in bright red, so it is a bugger to remove (as one custmer told me because her son had tried to)! This is done as a frame on the 3100.

E-mail me your phone no if you need to explain it that way

Andy

Cruiser,

In the end I recorded an action in photoshop which watermarks the image flattens it then saves a copy of the file on the network for printing. So I didn't so much suss it as find another way to do it. Good way of zipping through a load of images. If you leave the text as a psd as templates are, the noritsu will just ignore the opacity settings of your text. Unless anyone else knows differently?? But with all the messing around you have to do with the templates. Setting up actions in photoshop as we do is probably quicker regardless. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Yeah that was my Plan B. Have done that and the job is complete but damned if I know why the 2901 won't handle the reduced opacity text file. Did some more testing and noticed if you reduce the opacity, say on a coloured text layer, then merge that down so you don't lose the transparent background, the difference on output from the 2901 is a reduced saturation colour text, not text with reduced opacity. Seems in the 2901, whilst they say it can handle up to 16 layers, something is amiss with the way it handles the blending options in PS layers.

Thanks for your help and if I find more out will post it.

Regards

Cruiser

OK, there are a couple of things you can do on this, first off select the type tool click on your image and type whatever it is you want on the print IE Proof. Once done select layer and go down to layer style and when the sub menu appears select bevel & emboss. Pick out inner bevel in the top box (you can use any to be fair) then alter the depth slider until you are happy with the effect. Then click on Blending Options:Custom and on there reduce the Fill Opacity(in advanced blending) to 0%. Click OK and you have your watermark. From there flatten your image and save. If you record all the above in actions and save to one of your F keys this can all be done in the touch of a button. You will fly through your images!! The other alternative is to use the Stroke option instead of bevel & emboss. This will give you a solid outline to your text with a transparent centre. I have attached a copy of the first example for you to see. If your not sure on any of the above send me a pm and I will give you my number.

Hope this helps Dave

• 1 month later...

I don't no how the noritsu is working,

but when he is working with the DKS software,

jou need a black layer file and a ".xml" file and a  "_msk.jpg" file

look in the next files if there is one, there is one

a white tekst on the mask wil give a white tekst on the pictere

no tekst on the mast wil give nothing to see

make a contour tekst insite the a the font shoult be black

take a font with an outsite line,

for some samples

http://www.snelprinter.nl/templates/test.zip