What is iBeam?

prodpi

I think the iBeam system is basically an improved version of the VFP, and uses vacuum florescent light sources (same as what a LCD/TFT monitor backlight) with red, green and blue filters and LCD shutters.

So unlike the MLVA it has no lamp that needs to be replaced every 3 months.

NOritsu still says it is a Laser Exposure device so doesn't that rule out MVLP or VFP?  Not sure, so please correct me if I am wrong.  

THe main thing is that we have a 3302 PRO, and this will be a suppliment/backup.  I just don't want to run into issues were the two machines are greatly different in output.  We only print for Wedding/portrait photogs, so they are picky.  Also matching B&W's across the printers is important.

It took me awhile to get the 3302 to match our Fujimoto SHP-5080, so I am worried that adding a new exposure device will be hard.  Our other option is to buy another 3302.  

We just didn't plan on buying anohter machine 8 months after our first!

We have a 3302 PRO already so we are deciding between a second 3302 PRO or a 3502 Pro.

The crazy thing is that I am under the impression that the 3502 PRO is using a laser

From Noritsu US

Flexible Layout

State-of-the-art Laser Printing System

LED light source delivers fast high-quality film scans with virtually no maintenance required

Produce prints up to 8

Got it!  Well since the 3502 pro is cheaper and about the same throughput as the 3302 pro, and smaller, thats what we'll go with as a backup.  Thanks guys!

The only bummer is Noritsu US just announced the Pro model, so hopefully it won't take too long to get in stock in CA.