need a new 2901 software

deepak

HII I NEED YOUR HELP GROUP . I HAVE PURCHASED A RE-CONDISIONED 2901 MACHINE, BUT I HAVE SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT SO PL HELP ME TO SOLVE IT OUT.

1)MEDIA TO PRINT IS VERY SLOW IN IT AS COMPARED TO 2701, WAT SHD I DO TO PRINT FASTER  FROM CD OR ANY MEDIA .

2)SOFTWARE I AM USING IS TOO OLD SO PL PROVIDE ME WITH A NEW SOFTWARE.

IN MY 2701 I CAN CONTUINE PRINTING WHILE PRINTS GO INTO THE MACHINE WHILE IN 2901 I CANNOT ,I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL ENTIRE PRINTS GOES INTO THE MACHINE.

3)CAN I USE NETORDER SOFTWARE OF 2701 IN 2901 .

4)IS THERE ANY SOFTWARE IN WHICH I DONT HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL ALL PRINTS GO IN THE MACHINE.

5)CAN I CONNECT A NEW COMPUTER TO MY 2901 MACHINE AS COMPANY ORIGINAL PC IS CELERON PROCESSOR                                                                                                          

First of all can you turn off the caps lock as it makes reading very difficult!

What version of Noritsu software are you running?

What print size are you printing, and how many of this size prints are you printing before you have to wait, and what are you printing from Neg or Digital?

Celeron processors were never used on the 2901, there were three different PC

Someone at Noritsu told us it was easy enough (if you can build your own computer) as long as the motherboard supported PCI 2?? (Which is most current PCI boards apparently). I was told that I might have to be prepared for some parts not working together and needing to swap out for another brand instead (eg different mobo). Would still workout A LOT cheaper than a Noritsu replacement.

The other bottleneck is that our 2901 was supplied with a USB 1 interface. Using USB 2 interface helps.

For really big batches of big images for enprinting we have a little photoshop action to cut them down to a more sensible size. This speeds things up tremendously, including the time for the photoshop work.

Have just re read question and my first reply answers question 5

1) CD is a slow medium, see USB on previous reply for media reading.

2) Noritsu is best place to get latest software from, however they only have images for computers they have installed. If your computer is truely a Celeron it sounds like someone has already replaced the head unit in which case you will have to ask Noritsu for the constituent components and build the software system up from scratch. It would probably be a good idea to Ghost it once you have achieved that. If you want to replace your head unit you will have to do this anyway.

Just a techie note, guys, the PCI slot is now obsolete, both #1 and #2.

Motherboards will continue to sport them, atleast untill microsoft use the address for functionality. The long brown/black slots (forgotten what they're called now) are still present on a couple of my machines, but if you use XP, the slots are unusable because the system uses the address for file handling. you can still buy the boards new, ok as long as you don't want to use XP.

The PCI slot is going the same way. USB/Firewire etc. seems to be their way forward.

• 4 weeks later...

hii frnds . i actually checked my pc on my 2901 it is PC NRT 4A with 512 mb of  ram installed on it . software version i am using is Qss-SEQ version 8.01. i asked my techies over here  how to speed up media printing n they said tat they need need to install a new software on the machine. is it possible to do tat . is new software available .is there any way by which i can install netorder software as of 2701 in 2901.in 2901 software there is no queuing of prints possible which makes media printing possible.do u have new software can u mail it to me.is it possible to change my old motherboard n processor with a new but a normal pc

The 2901 has net order mode already installed. You need to enable it by going to F, Menu, Extension, Operator Selection, select the print operation tab, set Net order mode to Valid.

When you press F from the main printing screen net order mode will appear on the list.

You'll need some kind of software to get the orders in to it though, maybe hot folder software I

hiiiiii thnx for ur reply,but pl tell me by setting netorder tab to on will it on queuing of prints as in 2701..i want my prints shd be queued before entering into machine as in 2701 we check output process.i wanna change my monitor of my machine which monitor shd i buy to get good color correction. samsung n lg r easily availabke here.