Help-change QSS 1501/QSF 430L 110volts to 220volt

dwijadas

Hi Experts,

I bought these two items from US. US electricity is 110V but in India its 240V.

Noritsu 1501ZU

QSF-430L-3U

How can I change these to machines to work with 240V ?

If you are familiar with the process of changing, guide me.

Thanks,

Sena.

Probably best to contact Noritsu for local service engineers.

I do not know about these machines, but for other electrical/electronic m/c the voltage isn't the problem (although it causes other problems), its the amperage that does the smoking damage.

It may be as simple as plugging in a transformer to convert 240 to 110 (ensuring you get the amps. correct) but I doubt it. Good luck.

I think it's just a matter of connecting the power supply cable to the correct terminals. If you have the manual, it has the details for the correct connection for different voltages. Of course  make sure sure you or whoever does it knows what they are doing!

An additional transformer needs to be added to the machines to use it for 240V on the 430L it is TR2 Noritsu part No. W401592-01, also some wiring changes are required to the terminal blocks.

Then change the drive motor gear from 60HZ to 50HZ setting the bigger sprocket is for 50HZ.

I

In the United States both the 1501 and the 430 run on 200-240 single phase 60 Hz ac voltage, not 110.  Most Noritsu equipment is designed to run worldwide. The installation manuals has diagrams of how to set up the machine to run on just about any voltage.

Thanks to all for your reply. A great place.

Last weekend I saw a QSS 1501,it has voltage setting from 200v - 260v only.  I am scared that this machine doesn't have any option to change from 110v to 240v without adding any extra parts as Mr. Dave mentioned in his post.

Information I got from the seller ?set was running using 3-phase 110 volt electric supply?

I am still waiting to receive this machine. Once I get the machine and manual in hand, I will post here with my findings.

Thanks again to you all. I feel better. Now I have some experts here to guide me.

regards,

Sena.

I have connected up a UK 240V machine on an American RAF base, their voltage was 110V, they used 3 phase power but only connected 2 of the phases without a neutral connection, which gives around 220V ac.

So probably your machine will run fine on 220-240V.