Noritsu World-Wide

NeilT

What is your experience of Noritsu?

We are in the UK, so use Noritsu (UK) and have found them very good to deal with. The reps have been sound guys, the engineers always helpfull and cheery, the help desk excellent, and even the big cheeses are always nice.

Would seem that this is not the case in other countries? or am I seeing a different picture.

Our experience with Noritsu America has been great.  we purchased a 3302 pro at PMA last fall, sales team was helpful and efficient.  Training and installation wen just as smoothly.  No need for service calls or help desk yet, so so far so good.

Very good experience, but still nothing beats our relationship with Fuji-Hunt with the purchase of our SHP-5080.

I think the truth is that the retail photo industry has been well served by its suppliers/manufacturers. There have been problems over the years, just as in amy industry but the truth is that you never really value something until you start to lose it.

Our industry has consisted of a series of relationships, but now I fear that all this may be lost in the massive restructuring that is taking place.

I hope we don't become like the computer sector, whose definition of an industry is simply a number of people in the same sector.

This is why Neil's board is so important.

Look this is of no benefit to anybody really, I just need to have a whinge.  In Oz, Kodak and Noriktsu are married although I believe they are recently divorced.  We have on order a small spring through Kodak via Noritsu Japan for our neg carrier to enable us to do APS.  Mind you, this machine is not yet 12 months old.  We found out to-day, that Noritsu Japan, (or so Kodak says) didn't even know this part existed.  Yeh, right.  And that, Noritsu had to outsource it's replacement.  So here we are talking about a tiny spring that has put our APS production out of action for nearly 3-4 months.   Our only recourse was to threaten legal action to Kodak to get us back in production.  Jeez, but I hate this!!!!  I'm very pleased about the divorce because at least the gatekeeping of information will stop!! >:(

Liz

Have you dealt with Noritsu in Sydney? The guys there are great and still believe in that majic word SERVICE!

To be told that noritsu did not know a part existed is an insult to everyones intelligence!

Overall, I've found the kodak service to be pretty good, but their prices and delivery times leave a lot to be desired.

There are always other parts sources such as Panastra.com who can get genuine parts quicker and cheaper than other companies.

Thought I needed to elaborate a little bit.  When the Noritsu America's salesman was trying to make a sale, he was also very nice to me.  The finance people were also very nice.  The problems with Noritsu America started when the 2301 was first received and installation began.   There were numerous things wrong with the 2301.  Scanner was replaced, dichroic filters were worked on, etc.   I also  found out that the salesman had lied to me about several things concerning the capabilities of the machine.  I also found out that the machine would not print multiple prints from the same negative without color shifting.  When I complained time and time again about the problems, Noritsu America's whole attitude changed.  I became the bad guy and everything was my fault.  To this day, Noritsu America has not lived up to any responsibility on their part.  In my opinion, as long as you don't have a problem, everything with Noritsu America is ok; but when they have to address serious problems, their whole attitude changes.

Well Service on Noritsu machines via Kodak in South Africa is virtually zero. I have had a 2302, a 2711 and one of their earlier machines. Support on these machines is not available, luckily i managed to get hold of all the service manuals etc so most of the times we could sort out our own problems.

I'm looking at buying a 34 series machine but with the bad support ......

And the worst is i have tried getting hold of support in the US and Japan and everytime they just refer me back to my local agent which is Kodak which is totally useless.

Gerrit

When I tried to get help from Noritsu in Japan for my problems in the United States, they just referred me back to the people causing the problem in the United States.  So, I don't know what the solution for everyone will eventually be. I tried with Noritsu in Japan 3 times.  To this day there has been no help.

• 1 month later...

I have dealt in the past with Kodak here in Melbourne Australia, and the techs are very good, the parts prices are outrageous and service generally just O.K.

Now that Noritsu is seperate to Kodak perhaps the prices will be a bit more realistic and the service much better. My personal opinion is that Noritsu will be much better off being apart from Kodak.

But then maybe it's soon to be Fuji-Noritsu? Who knows?

Services, From Kodak Uk well , i havent seen it yet

I ahve been writing to UK kodak  for 2 months now trying to find the easiest and closest place to buy their Noritsu SM replacement packs, and i keep on getting will get back to you, if that is how Kodak UK deals wityh their client that sucks, unless they treat the big customs different.

Huh?  My lab is located within 3 miles of their service depot.  I bought used MP1600s from them with a service plan.  Last year the MLVA exposure unit failed.  What did Noritsu do, they replaced it the next day!  (That's a $20000 part) I have made friends with most of the techs - all of them are hardworking and skilled.  Their call center people know me by name - why?  Because our technology pushes the machine to the limit (but not beyond) and we sometimes get problems that are unexpected / unexplained.  So, I have to say that I am 100% satisfied with them.

My former employer was a Fuji lab.  Fuji was very big where I live but they downsized a lot and have less staff on the road than Noritsu does in my area.  My boss had one of his Fuji labs down for over a month because of a part that was not available.

Obviously, your  milage may vary.

Services, From Kodak Uk well , i havent seen it yet

I ahve been writing to UK kodak  for 2 months now trying to find the easiest and closest place to buy their Noritsu SM replacement packs, and i keep on getting will get back to you, if that is how Kodak UK deals wityh their client that sucks, unless they treat the big customs different.

That's very similar to the experience I have had with Kodak here in Australia. I now will not deal with Kodak unless I absolutely have to. I have an SM machine so I need the SM chemistry, but luckily there are a few suppliers of SM chemistry now who import it from (somewhere?), at a cheaper price than Kodak. Everytime I have contacted Kodak I have got the run-around and end up at an answering machine, and of course no-one ever rings back. It seems they are no longer interested in selling anything!! (at least to smaller businesses).

It's a shame because I do think they produce exellent products (film & paper).

Lousy service seems to be a world wide policy of Kodak.