Noritsu Training Software

Its interesting to see how many downloads there have been of this training software which everyone seems to have "discovered"!

Whilst I think this forum is fantastic, and this thread alone proves how useful it is, why are we having to go through these downloads when we have spent god knows how many hundreds of thousands of pounds, dollars, roubles or sheckels and we do not get this info from Noritsu!!!! ??)

What makes it such a secret, and why do we have to grovel to find it!

When will someone in Noritsu (and I know you are watching!) condescend to give us ALL the information on our equipment if we want it!

Sure, not all owners need or want what some of us find useful, but at least LET US KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE so WE can make the decision.

Rant mode off - HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D :D :D :D

One of the problems with Noritsu is that they have web sites for each country, so not too bad, others crap. They really should have a one source web site for owners.

Yes this site is viewed by Noritsu, and as an independent site, I think it is really good as a source of knowledge.

Special thanks you's go to the likes of Mr Noritsu for helping and sharing with others.

One of the messages says that all the files have been posted, but just in case...  Is there a comparable file for the 2700 series?

Regards,

Ted Dickens

I suspect the 2700 series was a little early for digital instructions and pdf files, but it reinforces my previous point about the fact that we should be able to find out and get this info from Noritsu as a matter of course, and no have to keep wondering about what is available from where.

When we had our 2301, I would have loved to find the information that we see now, but I assume it was never available

I think that Noritsu keeps these things under wraps for 2 reasons.

1. They don't want us messing around with things too much

2. They want to keep some work for their engineers.

My 3001 has a service level menu that I am not allowed to access (i.e. not given the code to get into. It's pretty frustrating however I suppose that from their point of view my access to it would result in more phone calls and less engineers visits.

As you say, you get access for one day only. The code they give you must be linked to the date in some way - anyone know how to work it out?

We have just changet to Konica paper and were given the service code to do an initial set up. This is a lot more elaborate than a normal paper set-up and really improved the quality of prints and the screen matching. It output about half a dozen different strips. Can't help thinking that this routine should be part of the user accesible menu.

Peter

Do you want to get into the service menu?

I mean when ever you want to and not just for one day?

All it needs is a small .dat file on a floppy, and you are there. You can store the service disc in the  bottom door with the rest of the back up floppies

It is a small file that can be posted if required.

To generate the daily password:

1. Confirm the date of the machine if it is correct (in the windows menu)

2. Take the date in the reverse order, ex. 03/09/2005 will be: 30905002

3. Divide it for 2260 ex. 30905002/2260

4. Take the result: 13674,779646017699115044247787611

5. We will use just the four numbers after the comma/decimal: 7796. It will be our daily password.

6. Hit Function, Menu

7. Then you press F and -1 keys, and it will ask for the password.

8. Enter the password generated above.

:oMy Noritsu guy almost lost his job over leaving a cd of a manual behind one time- they are very careful about their stuff. I can imagine that there are others out there that would LOVE to get their hands on the stuff- and they need to protect it but it is nice to find this kind of info- very helpful! Thanks for posting it!

First of all in my opinion once you have bought a machine for such a price ( which is a heavy investment ) one is entiteled for all user manuals & service manuals with cd's including circuit diagrams since the indivdual has bought the equipment withs lots lots & lots of cash inwhich the machine keeps on working night and day ,weekends etc and if the machine is damaged or put out of use due to unqualified personel or misuse than it would be the responsability of the owner not of the firm , but lets suppose that the manufacture just go bankrupt or vanishes this would make the owner or investor brankrupt aswell .

I consider that all detailed manuals should be supplied by the machine....it is a must,perhaps i am wrong but by reasoning i am right for shure .

keep it up as it is nice not to be left astray :-/

I totally agree with John, after such a large investment and due to the logistics involved in getting a tech rep out to sometimes remote locations, full service and tech documentation should be provided. I recently purchased a noritsu MP1600 , I installed it, provided power, mixed working tank solutions and went thru all general install procedures. But when it came to focus test, since I did not have manual or service disk I had to call Noritsu, tech guy comes out and first of all he spends 10 minutes finding procedure on his laptop, then reading his laptop goes about running focusing tests. These involve making prints reading them and prompting machine to make additional tests untill you get an ok readout. He spent 6 hours doing this at $85 US per hour plus travel time. basically pushing buttons and reading from a manual. something anyone with adept reading capacity and a functioning finger could have done. I was pissed off when I had to write the check!!!

my point is that certain set ups have to done from time to time inwhich case following a procedure on a tech book will suite you fine, obviously fiddling with programms or going further than one's capability is to the indivuduals risk and there are times that the risk is too high it all suites one experience and capabailities, besides calling for service is not cheap and time consuming

good luck

I tried your password calculation here in US and unfortunately it did not work on my 3011 & 3101.  Any Ideas ?  Thanks, Sid

To generate the daily password:

1. Confirm the date of the machine if it is correct (in the windows menu)

2. Take the date in the reverse order, ex. 03/09/2005 will be: 30905002

3. Divide it for 2260 ex. 30905002/2260

4. Take the result: 13674,779646017699115044247787611

5. We will use just the four numbers after the comma/decimal: 7796. It will be our daily password.

6. Hit Function, Menu

7. Then you press F and -1 keys, and it will ask for the password.

8. Enter the password generated above.