Banding on Kodak 2711

Moonglum32

Hi all,

First post here so i hope you guys can help me. I have a banding problem on my 2711. The problem is that the banding is not constant. It comes and goes as the day goes on. I can supply scans of banding if anybody wants it. I tried looking in the manual put the problem is that the banding is not always in 1 place ex 30mm from leading edge. Kodak South Africa cannot supply me with any help since all the technicians on the 2711 left the company and it is not worth training new guys bla bla bla etc and when i tried to contact Noritsu they just reffered me to Kodak South Africa.

If you want any more info i would be glad to supply it. Running 2711 with Ver 3.0 software and all the latest patches.

Regards

Gerrit

Okay when i did i uniformity setup this morning it had stripes on it. Details as follows. On the first 2 pieces of paper (The ones with the three grey areas) the thin gray/black stripe was on the light grey running from left to right through the light grey area about 4mm above the middle grey area. On the second print it was in the middle grey area about 1 mm from the top so it shifted down about 6 mm. The techie from Kodak told me it was the pressure rollers on the exposure unit and after 2 days of fiddeling and resetting the pressure rollers to their original positions i still have the same problem. I can make scans and provide it to you guys if that will help

Regards

Gerrit

Have you just installed the machine? If so levelling is very critical.

What sort of flooring is it on?

The Noritsu 27 series is very fussy when it comes to vibration, if the floor is not very solid you will always have banding problems.

I remember having to install some machines onto thick steel plates to stop banding issues.

If it's a horizontal line running the width of the paper, it is a transport problem. And no uniformity procedure with cure it. I have not had any transport problems so I'll not be much help.

Has this machine just been moved?

I have factory service docs for 2701 and 2711/21. Post a pic and I'll see what the docs have to say.