SM Chemistry

DaveAshton

Anyone using SM Chemistry could maybe help me out here. Our Noritsu V30 film processor uses Kodaks flexicolor chemistry. I have been having problems with the start up dev tank solution. Over active, never had the problem before?? What cat nos does anyone have for the start up solution as I am wondering if it has changed or whether I need dev starter ?? the only other thing I can think is my startup sol has gone out of date is this possible?? Will be speaking to Kodak on this Mon AM but just wondered in the meantime if anyone else could shed some light ??

To mix a fresh tank of dev for the C41SM we use Cat No. 175 6337 which is called which is called 'Kodak Flexicolor SM Tank Developer' it comes in 3 little bottles (Partsa A,B and C) and makes 2 litres at a time. There is no starter bottle.

Don't think we've had to mix a fresh tank for at least a couple of years.

HTH.

Dev Starter is used with Dev and Bleach in RA Lorr not SM.  Can't use chems that are over 12 months old as they'll be off.  Date of manufacture is stamped on side of the box of each carton in blue or black lettering.  Examples are, if it says 0444 this means it has been produced on the 41st week of 2004, if it says 0351, this means it was produced in the 51st week of 2003.  We learned an expensive lesson not to overstock on this stuff.  If production is less than 20 rolls per day the chems will go off through lack of use.  A problem Kodak tells us many are having.  Sometimes need to do a manual replenishment pump of ABC to restore the levels.  We'd be in big trouble without our densitometer.

Dead right folks. We had not had to mix a fresh tank for a good six months and the problem was my chemistry had gone off. The clue was the colour of part C (Purple!!) We are now up and running getting through the backlog. As a point of reference I have a different cat no to JP 528 3973 (Kdak Flexicolor SM C41 8x3L) As Liz said 1 box is all you will need for the year. Thanks to all for the advise.