Marketing ideas

Tony.T

OK- here goes-

So What marketing ideas have you adopted that have worked? I doubt if any of us have any sort of budget to spend so the cheaper the better- as long as it has worked!

Any, and I mean any Ideas from you that have worked then please post them up here.

This is not a thread for a general chat, we have other places for that.

All ideas and feedback will be gratefully accepted.

Let's rock and roll....

I've lifted this from another post about photobooks- short but to the point- thanks Neil

Step one, find your local camera club, step 2 talk to them, step 3 offer a wee discount, step 4 any camera club going, will now be promoting photo books, in one form or another.. So get your store on the list rather than "an-other"

So, you've got a large format printer you use (as well as other things) to print posters for your shop windows.

Export the files to your minilab and print 4'' prints of the same poster as wallet stuffers. Make sure every customer gets a copy of your latest promotion.

Never forget to market to your existing customers as they know and like you- or else why would they be spending money with you??

I agree, wallet stuffers are a great way of promoting things to existing customers, who are often unaware of other services you can provide.

After trying advertising in the local paper, which was expensive and got no results, the only advertising I do is my website, and window displays in the shop. I have to say that I am too lazy with both of these, as I think to be effective they need to be updated regularly, but they are both cheap & get results.

Agree with you there, colopt, I am allways amazed at the instant results you get from new posters in the window, and allways dissappointed with bought advertising.

After saying that, I have just done a deal with our local rugby club so will be included in their fixtures list and every match programme this coming season. I have also sown the seed of an idea (action photography competition) in their financial directors mind. Hmm. Idon't know whether Rugby supporters are sober long enough to take pictures, could be amusing.......

Wallet stuffers are, I guesse, pretty basic but important, judging by the number of customers that say 'I didn't know you could do that'. ##@@#!

I have been thinking of fixing up a bike as a sort of mobile signage, to lock up outside the front of the shop. Mainly so I can avoid paying the council just to put a sign on the footpath  ;D

Could also use it to run local errands, and of course it displays how environmentally friendly you are!

I have been thinking of fixing up a bike as a sort of mobile signage, to lock up outside the front of the shop. Mainly so I can avoid paying the council just to put a sign on the footpath  ;D

Could also use it to run local errands, and of course it displays how environmentally friendly you are!

Try a litter bin especially if you have a local fast food outlet nearby, its are very brave council who will stop you doing your bit to clear up the town

• 3 years later...

Agree on the wallet stuffers on fogged/old/out dated paper - and use the same files to put photos in photo frames, and posters in the store.

Get out and promote on radio or something to get NEW customers - wallet stuffers only work for those customers coming in your door.

We spend over A$25,000 a year on radio and IT WORKS!

We promote movie films, slides and videos to DVD and after 3 years it is STILL going stong and we are making a huge margin out of it.

We are now doing Photobooks instore and off our website, and they are increasing by the week.

We are now offering an upsell to archival DVD's for A$10 extra on the normal cost - and we are getting about a 70% uptake on it. Diff in cost between a standard DVD is about $1.

Things like mugs, mousemats, jigsaws etc are easy to do, although they do need some investment - ours was paid off in about 9 months.

Hope these ideas help - you can hear our ads on the website when you click on the services.

www.huttstreetphotos.com.au